Notices

So much has changed, yet nothing is different :/

Old 06-20-2011, 04:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So much has changed, yet nothing is different :/

Hello all that remember me, for those that don't, hopefully I'll stick around so you get to know me.

I don't know why I bother coming back here as I seem to type the same crap over and over, but one thing I always read is, "keep coming back", so I do, occasionally, I hope I stay this time so I never have to write another I am back post

So much in my life is different to how it was when I first found these boards though, but l am still me :/

When I first came here I was a single mum of 3, now I am a mother of 4 and have a partner that I love.

Yet here I am :/

They say nothing changes if nothing changes? Is that the quote?

But things do change, but it seems I don't :/

Hence me being back, I'm going to really work on changing me!
Old 06-20-2011, 04:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

Welcome back!

It takes a lot of change to make recovery work, so hopefully you will find some inspiration here.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. I'm far newer than you but I'm already tired of my broken record. I think Dee would say that we must make change. Yep. Yep.

I hope we hang out on here together a lot. I hope we are healthy and lovely.

Congrats on the new baby and partner.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Sax

I found I got as far as I could with trying...then I had to widen my net and try and get more support, because I just couldn't do it on my own.

What support have you tried in the past?
what support are using now?

D
Old 06-20-2011, 04:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

Originally Posted by Saxony View Post
So much in my life is different to how it was when I first found these boards though, but l am still me :/
Hi Saxony, This is what stood out to me.

You know honey, that is true for me too. So much has changed, some bad and some good, some excellent. It was only the other day, I was feeling so sad, crying as I was driving to work. Sometimes, things just get on top of me, ya know.
I starting talking to myself, 'ok jo, then do something about it' 'its ok jo, you can work it out' Its amazing when I do this, how all of a sudden things dont seem as bad as I think. See, I tend to be one of those people who always has to do things 'myself' but I have learnt that there are people who will help, all I have to do is ask. I dont have to be in this big wide world alone, like I use to think.
I really dont have to think about stuff I cant control, all I have to do is put it in perspective, ya know, like, ok, my sister died, I cant change that, so I remember all the fun times we had and know she is safe. I work way too much in my business for far too long, it is draining me, so I am moving closer and cutting hours back. I havent seen one of my sons for so long (long story), I call his number and leave text msgs, he doesnt reply. Thats all I can do, i tell myself he will contact me when he is ready.
Sorry for blabbering on, but what I am trying to say is that I can let things drag me down, and stay the same and be miserable, or I can call it as it is.
So keep coming back haha, as you said, no matter what is going on with you, there is always someone to help, ok honey!

JJ
Old 06-20-2011, 05:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Welcome back Saxony

Originally Posted by Saxony
I'm going to really work on changing me!
Good going! I found that just like everything else in my life including alcohol and drug addiction recovery, if I wanted it bad enough, I had to have a plan and take action.

Good effort and good planning got this drop down drunk a new way to live...sober and it can happen to you.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hey Sax - lovely to see you. (You owe me an email )

You keep coming back because you aren't satisfied with the way things are going. I'm glad you haven't decided to stay away, just because you feel bad about not getting it right yet. You can and will do this because you still want a better life for yourself and your family. When the time is right, you will lay it down for good. Sending love....

40creek - welcome to the family! If you start a new thread, people will notice you more and you'll get better feedback. Please stick with us.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back!