Notices

Help

Old 06-20-2011, 03:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help

I am lost. I don't know what to do anymore. I don't know how to quit drinking. I don't know how it came to this. I don't even know how it happened. I have no emotion and no feeling. I have missed so much. I need help. I know that I need help. I don't care about anything anymore. No one knows- I feel so alone. I am destroying my life and my daughters. I am all she has. What a great role model I am. I just need to keep typing... I am actually accomplishing something. I can't believe that it has come to this.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Tuesday, I'm so glad you are here.

I hope you keep posting and reading. The people here at SR are amazing. I've been so grateful to this place during all parts of my journey.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep reading Tuesday. I hope you start to come to an understanding of your own path.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You're not alone here, so you don't need to feel it. Most if not all the people here have felt like you do, it is possible to get through it.

Old 06-20-2011, 03:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Tuesday

I felt just like you did when I came here - my life, my world - my mind - was grey, but I just couldn't stop drinking.

I had to force myself to keep typing and hit send on that first post - but I'm glad I did.

I found a lot of support here - and hope too. It meant the world to me to know people understood and that I wasn't alone - and that they had suggestions to help me.

Have you ever looked for support before?

D
Old 06-20-2011, 03:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Life being sober is amazing and beautiful.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Please keep reading and posting. Help is available, Tuesday.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
orangutan

Hi Tuesday welcome to our family.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey Tuesday
Welcome, it is so good to have you here, you are stepping out of the darkness into the light... although at this moment it probably feels that you are stepping into the darkness... a world without a drink.
Life is so much better without alcohol, you will find this out in time. You want to stop and the lovely thing is you can... Good Luck

Here is a story I heard today and I think is marvellous.

An old man was walking along a road late at night... and out of the darkness a dying snake called out to him.. "help me I am dying, please pick me up and look after me and help me get well" "No" said the old man, "you are a poisoness snake and if I pick you up you will bite me and kill me". "I won't said the snake, I promise". So the old man picked up the snake and put him in his pocket. After a while the snake started to feel better and he bit the old man. The old man threw him to the ground and said "But you promised you would not bite me". The snake said "You knew what I was before you picked me up".

Lots of love and hugs.. You can do this
Old 06-20-2011, 04:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you all for taking time to read and respond to me. I have never sought out help before and lived in my dark hell for years. I want to get better- I never realized the paralyzing grip that I have allowed myself to live in. I am hopeful. Thank you.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

The freedom I have found in recovery is one that cannot be matched.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

Addiction robs us of emotion, and it's very isolating.

I'm glad you found us.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:37 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Tuesday, in my drinking days I found myself locked in my own little world of despair. The anxiety/depression was so bad that I just wanted to be left alone. It can get better, this forum is a good start, most people here have been through the same thing so we all understand what your feeling.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:38 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tuesday24 View Post
lived in my dark hell for years.
This describes to a T how I lived in my alcoholism. I remember asking myself one day-How did this happen? How did I get here? How do I get out of this? Feeling frozen and stuck. Feeling like I was on an alcoholic treadmill that I couldn't shut off. Feeling like I was in a secret prison. I get it.

Thank God I don't have to live like that anymore. Neither do you.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:44 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. You'll find lots of support and good information here.

I didn't think I could live sober but I've been doing that for the last 18 months and am feeling great about it. It IS possible to live sober, and so rewarding too.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:48 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Welcome Tuesday, I'm glad you found us. It's always darkest before the dawn, maybe sobriety can bring the light for you.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:49 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi Tuesday. My first question inmy first post was like yours. How did this happen? And how can I make it stop? Well you can just like the others posted. I felt like a failure to my son just like you to your daughter but today I am 38 days sober. Doesn't seem like a lot to me but when I really think about it I'm in shock.

I hope you (like others have posted) read and get to know this site. You are not alone by any means and all the kind people here will do what they can to help you out! You are right where you need to be. There is a ton of hope!!!!
Old 06-20-2011, 06:00 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Tuesday24, welcome and keep reading and posting. i am very new to SR, but not new to trying to quit nor drinking (by a long stretch).

even in a few days that i've been here, this place has already played a very important role in helping me to make the right choices. the support i got here is amazing. it's nice to know that someone out there listens and understands.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:06 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Welcome Tuesday.
Realizing how alcohol has taken away our spirit is hard and the bad part. The good part about realizing is that we are now awakened and the healing can begin.
Wishing you peace and strength.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:51 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I just finished reading the most amazing book about an alcoholic mom --it's brand new, called Best Kept Secret by Amy Hatvany.

Any mom who feels guilt for how her drinking affected her kids must read this book. It's based on the author's own experience and is very realistic, poignant, and ultimately, positive. I would recommend it for you. Reading alcoholism books and coming here to SR has helped me to stay sober for 8 months. I am a mom too, and a better one now that I'm sober.