Notices

Sober weekend

Old 06-20-2011, 08:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sober weekend

Hello all. Day 49 today. Took a motor cycle ride this weekend to Kennedy Space Center. It was suppose to be a 2.5 hour drive but we followed a storm there and kept having to pull off. It took 5 hours total. It got kind of scary when the storm got real bad. I was pretty stressed out when we finally got there. I was on the back but it was still quite stressful. We passed by a liquor store and I thought, "I need a freakin drink bad". I got through it. Enjoyed my Sunday at the space center. The ride home was amazing. This is the first weekend going away somewhere that drinking wasn't part of the equation. I have had some rough days but it seems to be getting better every day. Blessings to all
Old 06-20-2011, 08:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So that's where all the FL rain was!!!! Glad you ended up having a great weekend. How was the space center? I need to go. Can't believe I've been here 4yrs and I haven't gone!!!!
Old 06-20-2011, 08:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1undone View Post
So that's where all the FL rain was!!!! Glad you ended up having a great weekend. How was the space center? I need to go. Can't believe I've been here 4yrs and I haven't gone!!!!
I have been here all my life and this is the first time I went. It was cool if you like that kind of stuff. I am a nerdy girl so it was pretty cool to me. Hot as blazes though. Orlando area had 70 mile an hour wind gusts Saturday.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh I'm plenty nerdy too! LOL I need to take my son and DH too. Probably a good Summer outting? Oh but then you said it was hot - ugh! Duhh we are in FL.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great weekend except for the storm part.

Glad you made it through the weekend sober.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1undone View Post
Oh I'm plenty nerdy too! LOL I need to take my son and DH too. Probably a good Summer outting? Oh but then you said it was hot - ugh! Duhh we are in FL.
Yes it is a nice outing for the family. Your son may like it if he is a little bit older. The younger ones tended to be a bit bored. Cool too see the rockets and go in the actual space shuttle. The heat in fl is brutal but I don't want to live anywhere else. Fall and spring make it worth it.