Notices

7 weeks (around the time I normally relapse)

Old 06-20-2011, 03:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

7 weeks (around the time I normally relapse)

I am now just over 7 weeks sober! Anxieties have got a lot less! I am laughing a lot more and am having fun doing normal activities. I still need to work on eating healthy when stressed! This is around the time that I relapse! I need to get to another meeting but I keep on making excuses! I will go tomorrow! I am only one drink away from a relapse. There is a lot happening in my life at the moment. Looking for new job, will be moving to new city and will be starting a new life!

Anyway 7 weeks is around the time I normally relapse! I do not want to think negatively over my recovery but I was wondering how people on this site have got through this tricky stage?
Old 06-20-2011, 03:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You already know my answer, you said it in your post. Go to more AA meetings, go every day if you need to. You can't let yourself get complacent, you know what happens if you do.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The past is the past!

You get sober one day at a time. Twenty four little hours.

Wake up in the morning asking yourself what you will be doing today for your recovery.

And enjoy it as well. Laugh more. Work harder. Reach out to others. Be of service.

Approach it like this, and you will have a string of days which far exceed the 7 week threshold.

Congrats on seven weeks and keep it going....
Old 06-20-2011, 06:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ask God to help you to fight today. If you feel the craving to drink just think to yourself "Not today, Maybe tomorrow." When tomorrow comes the craving will be gone and you can fight another day.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I seek out more support at times I know I'm likely to be vulnerable. 7 weeks is obviously approaching the two month mark, that was often a danger time for me. Well done on seven weeks, I'd recommend though surrounding yourself with support throughout this period.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for narking on yourself! Honey go to a meeting you will feel so much better!! I'm going to be at one as many times as I can this week! Wheeewwww I think it's important for those of us that KNOW we are on the edge to make it a priority to get our boo-tays to AA!
Old 06-20-2011, 09:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Meetings are great, but I know that I can't stay sober on "don't drink and go to meetings." I needed to work the steps and recover from my alcoholism. Susan