SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   first day here 2 days sober shaky and sweaty (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/229723-first-day-here-2-days-sober-shaky-sweaty.html)

wanttobemyself 06-19-2011 02:39 PM

first day here 2 days sober shaky and sweaty

sorry if this the wrong column to post my hello, i can barely type because of my shaky hands. this has happened for the last three times i've quit. at first i thought it nerves from stress at work, but now i know it's not. this stinks, but i'm happy to hear on here that it will be over soon. i've got to quit, for myself and family. i'm just glad to have found this forum. it has really opened my eyes. i'm trying AA for the first time too, good to find good people with the same problems. hello all, hope you're all starting to feel better or you are already there. this has been a long time coming for me

SwanSong 06-19-2011 02:44 PM

My friend described me as 'tremulous' when I first got sober, cause I still had the shakes. I hated that word at the time, but now I use it often when talking about myself.

The shaking and sweating did all go away, probably within the first week or two everything sorta settled down. By the end of 30 days I was feeling fairly normal physically. Everybody is different and you should consider seeing your DR if you have any concerns at all - detox can be nasty business (even deadly from what I've read).

As to everything else, it's like the physical symptoms, with time and a good recovery plan things begin to get better. Life still happens but it happens and we are there to experience it and deal with it as sober, mostly rational :), people.

Glad you found us here and welcome! ;)

wanttobemyself 06-19-2011 02:52 PM

thank you for your words, my doctor has given me ativan and advised me goto the ER if I start getting any symptoms of the DT's. she's given me her phone number and email if I have any concerns. I am happy for the day that i will be clear again, I've missed alot. I was there, but have no memory.

Bikeguy 06-19-2011 02:52 PM

You have made a step in the right direction by coming to Sober Recovery. Welcome to the group! Detox can be dangerous, be careful and if at all in doubt get yourself to the ER.

Belier 06-19-2011 03:06 PM

Good for you! It will get better. I think that is great you have engaged your Dr and you have a plan. Welcome to a great forum!

Derrick41 06-19-2011 03:11 PM

You can do it. Have faith in yourself!
Life is so much easier being sober.

wanttobemyself 06-19-2011 03:35 PM

thanks for the support

Anna 06-19-2011 03:51 PM

It sounds like you have a concerned dr so you are lucky with that.

I'm glad you found us and that you're getting through the detox.

I remember believing that my shaking hands in the mornings were caused by my caffeine consumption. :c029:

Dee74 06-19-2011 03:55 PM

welcome to ST wanttobemyself :)

D

Fandy 06-19-2011 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Anna (Post 3005704)
It sounds like you have a concerned dr so you are lucky with that.

I'm glad you found us and that you're getting through the detox.

I remember believing that my shaking hands in the mornings were caused by my caffeine consumption. :c029:

Me too! now I still drink the same amount of coffee, but my hands hardly shake at all.....
:welcome WTBMyself.....you'll find a lot of helpful support and conversation here....anytime day or night....

i hope tomorrow will be a little easier for you...are you sleeping?

least 06-19-2011 05:13 PM

Welcome to our recovery family.:) You'll find lots of support here.:hug:

CarolD 06-19-2011 05:36 PM

Welcome...:wavey:

You are in the correct place for support and understanding....please keep posting...:yup:

Zebra1275 06-19-2011 05:42 PM

Welcome, you are in the right place.

I'm glad you got some medical attention. The good news is that you don't ever have to feel this way again, people do recover!

LexieCat 06-19-2011 05:45 PM

Welcome,

You will start to feel physically better in just a few days. Try to eat well, drink plenty of water and juice. Those things will help you to feel better, faster.

Don't be too thrown if your sleep is "off" for awhile. That's extremely common. That should settle down in a couple of weeks or so.

Do you have a plan for staying sober? Getting the booze out of your system is important, but you don't want to be having to go through this again.

I found AA to be a great help in early sobriety, and three years later, it is a great way of life.