Notices

House Arrest

Old 06-18-2011, 03:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

House Arrest

Last day of house arrest for me (did a total of 10 days) for a DUI I got back in Nov 2010. I have been feeling really down today because I am missing my brother in-laws wedding because of this stupid ankle bracelet!!! I've been sober 5 months now and enjoying every minute of it, but today I just felt like I wanted to drink because I feel sorry for myself. This has been the strongest urge since I got sober back in January. I decided to call my sponsor and she helped me through the cravings. I feel a little better now, but still just kicking myself for my stupid mistakes. I am angry that I have to do house arrest for something I did 7 months ago!!!! It seems like I am constantly paying the price for the dumb things I did while I was drinking. Will it ever end???? GRRR!!!

Thanks for letting me vent. I just keep trying to remind myself that this is better than jail/prison. I guess I am just embarrassed because we had to tell all family and extended family why I wasn't at the wedding. So ashamed, but thankful that I am sober to feel the feelings!
Old 06-18-2011, 04:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sure it's disappointing and embarassing to miss your brother-in-law's wedding but you got through it. Be proud that you are paying for your mistake and moving forward. Good for you!
Old 06-18-2011, 04:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It will end. You just have to wait for a bit. Your lucky that you didn't kill anyone when drunk behind the wheel. If that happen then you will be seeing jail time for many years and that will not be a fun thing to be in.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'd try and focus more on the fact today's your last day HC

D
Old 06-18-2011, 06:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on your last day! And seriously, it really could have been so much worse, so probably best to focus on the fact that it wasn't. I had a year of house arrest after serving many months in jail for DUI, and, years later, I am still on a stiff probation. All that's nothing compared to the guilt I have for hurting some people very badly tho. Aggravating and embarrassing as it may seem to you now, remember that in just a few more hours you'll be golden.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I would have gratitude that it's my last day of house arrest.

I would also have graitude that I only served 10 days of house arrest and not several years in the "Big House."