Notices

Not sure

Old 06-15-2011, 02:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not sure

I found out a few months ago that my husband was addicted to opiates. I had accused him of shooting H, and he denied it up until we spoke with his now current physician to get clean. He was put on the suboxone detox and I can't really tell a difference in his behavior( if its working or not). I know how it works, and i don't ever see him take his pills, he just says he does. What I was wondering about though, I would go into the basement (his mantuary) and I always found small glasses of water that had never been drank out of. We have water glasses (that are big) for that, and i never see the drinking water downstairs, just the small, unfinished glasses. Does anyone have any feedback on this? Or am i just extremely paranoid?
Old 06-15-2011, 02:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

to SR

I do not have any experience in opiate or heroin addiction so I am unable to provide any insight into your situation but I wanted to welcome you to SR.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Bunzo
Out of my area of expertise too I'm afraid with both opiate addiction and the water glasses.

I'm an alcoholic and substance abuser though and I do know that in order to really change, I had to do more than just stop drinking and doing drugs.

I hope your husband will find his way into some kind of a recovery programme

We also have a friend and family of substance abusers forum that you might be interested in

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 06-15-2011, 04:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

No experience here either.

Have you considered AlAnon as a support for yourself, as well as our F & F forums.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

what did you mean by the opiate addiction and the water glasses? He swears he's still following his program and i know for a fact that he's not. I found one of his subs that he should have taken on the floor by the trashcan. And he's still around the people he'd swear he'd stop seeing. I can't confront him about it because i have no "real" proof. Will he ever stop?
Old 06-17-2011, 09:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I meant I have no experience with opiate addiction, and I don't know about the water glasses.

Sorry if I was unclear

I hope you'll look at the forum link I posted - you'll find lots of other people with experience down there as well

D
Old 06-18-2011, 05:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh thats ok, i've heard of methods of sterilizations and he's a medic so i'm sure he has access to whatever he needs. I'm new at this, and I can't believe that he was once the love of my life, and now he's lying to me and hurting himself.