Notices

having a bad day

Old 06-17-2011, 09:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

having a bad day

Well it is over a week since I have had a bad day (going into my fourth week sober) but today it struck me down. In myself I have to say I am doing quite well. I am discovering things about myself that are truly amazing, just little things like thought processes and it is clearing my way through old resentments. All in all great. However the big but in my life is regarding my husband. He's been away with the kids for a couple of weeks and they are returning on Sunday. They don't live with me (I'd like to say as I usually 'at the moment' but the truth is because I have been an active alcoholic). He's reacting positively to my weeks of sobriety but the pain I feel when confronted by my past is huge. I have spent the past two weeks talking myself forward and although I have moments of past reflection I deal with them quietly -- that is all I can handle right now. I guess that is all I have to say for now. I am not really looking for answers as I think I know that it will get easier, provided I stay sober. I just want to be able to love and care for my husband and kids. And without them in my home I am profoundly sad. Thanks for listening and I am very greatful to have a place to share...
Old 06-17-2011, 10:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Making a drastic lifestyle change like being in recovery can be challenging from time to time. Sometimes it best to pause and reflect on all the positive changes you have made. Take it easy today.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad you are here and thank you for your courage to share and am so sorry for the pain you are going thru. When we quit using alcohol and drugs there is a grieving process and the time lost with those we love. 1. SHOCK & DENIAL
2. PAIN & GUILT 3. ANGER & BARGAINING 4. “DEPRESSION”, REFLECTION, LONELINESS 5. THE UPWARD TURN (depression lifts slightly) 6. RECONSTRUCTION & WORKING THROUGH (more stable) 7. ACCEPTANCE & HOPE

Do you have a support system in place as another recovery tool to help you maintain your sobriety such as AA?
Old 06-17-2011, 02:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

The best way I know to deal with my past is to live my life right today hibou.
Sounds to me like you're doing really well

D
Old 06-18-2011, 09:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hibou,

Praying you are having a wonderful and hopeful day.