Notices

wow... day 5

Old 06-17-2011, 04:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

wow... day 5

4 days and nights without a drink is the longest i've been sober in any recent memory (which is very fuzzy).

i'm thankful to not have a hangover today.
i am not looking at the empty containers around the house thinking: "did i really drink that much?"... while searching for any left-overs to "fix" myself

the weekend is coming, but i am still so scared of my last episode that drinking is just not an option. this might be the first weekend of the year, which i plan to spend without getting trashed.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You can do it, think how much better you will feel about yourself Monday morning if you go the whole weekend sober.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks bikeguy, i am certainly looking forward to that. looking forward to feeling normal.

after all, there were plenty of days and weekends back in the good ol' days, where i wasn't drinking at all... i just need to reach deep inside and find that person. that happy, energetic, loving-life-for-what-it-is person, who is now lost in the gigantic pile of empty bottles
Old 06-17-2011, 07:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This is my first weekend in a long time too, well I had one few months back but aside from that, it's been years and years. I was pretty nervous about the weekend too and had some pretty strong cravings the past day or so but I made it. I am at home with the kids today (my weekend begins today), have some projects around the house planned, and maybe even string up the fishing poles and take my oldest out fishing for few hours.

My game plan is if you start thinking about it, of course the craving will follow. I find that keeping my self busy, you tend not to think about it and what you were thinking about passes. I know I'm still a newbie (day 6) but it seems to be working for me and I feel pretty good.

Good luck with the weekend, hang in there.

Chris

Also, I am grateful for no hangover this morning too!
Old 06-17-2011, 08:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulationson four days!
Isn't it great not to wake up with a hangover? A true blessing.

I got to the point where drinking wasn't an option, too. But, I drank anyway. Foe days. Weekends never meant anything to me. I drank every day of the week. What misery. I hope you never reach that place. Stop now, please!
Remember, you never have to drink again. No matter what!

Alcohol almost killed me. I don't want the same to happen to you.
Keep yourself occupied this weekend, if need be. Maybe check out an AA meeting.
Anything besides drinking!

Best to you.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ghostlight, i can definitely relate.
the last episode sent me to ER, where I had to be literally brought back from near death. i don't wish the experience on my worst enemy (not that i have any, thankfully).

weekends used be equal with drinking 24hrs for me. some weekdays i would hold out, others i would seriously go overboard.

stupidly i used to joke: "if you want your weekend to start sooner, start drinking on Thursday". yeah, brilliant.

thanks for support, everyone... this place rocks!
Old 06-17-2011, 02:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations serious - have a sober and happy weekend

D