Notices

Amending the Environment

Old 06-15-2011, 09:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Programmaddict

Lightbulb Amending the Environment

My recovery is deeply dependent on the presence and contact with a higher power. As I reflected on this and looked into the reasons why I began to see my spiritual self in the metaphor of a plant.

A plant cannot grow itself. God causes a plant to grow. Each plant is different and therefore has different needs. The environment fitting a desert plant will kill a marsh plant and vice versa.

My spirit grows through the work of my higher power. I cannot will my spirit to grow. I can, however, identify the appropriate environment and amend it to the best possible environment for growth to take place. Just as a gardener may adjust pH, loosen soil, add fertilizer, schedule waterings or adjust the amount of sunlight received I can put myself and my spirit in the optimum environment for it to grow.
My spirit, like a plant, responds emphatically to its environment. It is readily apparent to me when my spirit is ill or well when I take the time to examine its reaction to the surrounding environment. By amending my spiritual environment I get out of the way and allow my higher power to cause my spirit to grow.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Beautifully put.