Notices

I sure messed things up.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I sure messed things up.

1st post. I feal like such a failure. I lasted 8 days. I have never felt so lonesome. What a great site. I just thought I was doing this for my own self nonesense. I have so many good things but I continue to destrory my life. Ben to AA worked for a while but could not find a sponser. In my head it was just coffee and ciggaraites (i know bad spell, this site want's to load all kinds of stuff. later with downloads) I know i not doing perfect right now but reading what you all wrote gives me strengh more than you can ever now. I would like to know if I am welcome to this site and be a part? I do not want to intrude or be unwelcome. Please let me know. I going what all have you have. I so messed up this weekend. I sorry for hurting my loved ones.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

mate we are all equal here, and here for the same reason. welcome aboard.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to Sober Recovery! Hey you had 8 days in, it's a start! Learn from your mistakes and get back at it, you can do this!
Old 06-14-2011, 11:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you

So good to not be alone. I cant take it sometimes. I dont like it. I hope you doing good.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Hi HG-

Welcome to SR, my friend.

We can and do recover. That is a fact.

You see, the same me will drink again, and again, and again. I simply had to change who I was and let go of some old ideas.

Maybe this is true with you too?

Kjell~
Old 06-14-2011, 11:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I felt I was doing so good. Big mistake. I was doing all my yardwork I got it all done. I so so mess it all up. It was hot here. I thought I could be done and have a beer. I will now go through the torture of detoxing myself agaign. It so sucks. Thank you for writing back. I hurting right now.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

We're glad to have you here seeking support.

So, you've learned that there is no way to just 'have a beer' without losing control. Most of us have gone through the same thing. You can do this!
Old 06-14-2011, 11:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I still have 6 beers left. What an idiot I am. I cant start the detox pain tonight. I will in morning. I so not looking foward to what I will go though. It must be done. Thank all of you for making me fell I am not alone. I will do this in morning. You have no idea to understand how great it is just to know I not alone.. I will say it again...THANK YOU... THANK YOU. Maybe I have some new freinds that get this. It is so funny, maybe you heard it, the ones that dont get it they just say "STOP" its so easy. I tell them stop eating. They overweight. I get it but they my issue easy. I think there issue is easy. Funny how everybody thinks. I just want us all to be perfect and happy. I say it again. "Thank all of you for making my night better" I can't wait to do the same for you..
Old 06-14-2011, 11:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I must download the spell check and all else this site's want to see. I just don't want to mess up this computer. I will do it. So good to not be alone.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I so thought I could. It is many times. I know so know better but when feeling good and getting all my stuff done I think I am ok. I wrong every time but my stupid head tells me different.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Do yourself a favor and pour those 6 beers down the drain. The sooner you quit the sooner you can began to recover. Do it now and do it for yourself.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I agree. I just would rather be sick at night. I know it makes no sense but if I make sure that all things are taken care of in my world then I just know I have 3 sick days in front of me. I love my dogs more than people. They don't judge weaknesss. It will start tomorrow. I just cant do it right now. I know I make no sense with my thoughts I just hope all of you will text me in the morning. I know I messing up again but I just cant take the hurt of detox at the moment. I know, BUD Lights. I am on a 24 pack a day. No more in morning. It sounds so easy. So not. Midnight or more the withdrawls will start. No fun. My BS has chased every girl I every cared about away. I good guy they just hate because I never want to do anything. I know I wrong. Again, I work everyday. I have nice house. Just funny how drinking will take all love, pasioions and everything you can even think about from you.. I so want it over...
Old 06-14-2011, 01:02 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

If you let it drinking will take more than that....it will kill you if you allow it too.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:08 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
instant

You are in the right place. You did 8 days so you have some success. You went back to an old habit- but now you have decided to have another go, and you have a plan

wishing you strength
Old 06-14-2011, 01:23 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Dogs are fed and done. As said they are my best freinds. I will now make me me some dinner. (I think they had better dinner.) It sucks being alone but I have no choice unless I go to pick up girls which mean nothing. I just cant do it. Sounds good for now just wont no part. I not MR. player or anything like that. It so sucks that so many good people are lonesome. I am down to 1 left. I amso not looking forward to the withdrawal issue. Store is close but i Trying to stay strong. I know I repeat my thoughts but thank you all for being by me. I want so bad to do the same. I sorry I not perfect today. I want it so bad. I was good and then messed up. You are all so helpfull. If I can help I will do what it takes. This is going to be one crazy messed up day or two. I hope one day I can contribute the way you have all done. Not tonight. What a bunch of specieal people.. You have helped me so much and I dont even know you. I cat wait to return the favor.. I know I messed up but without your insight things would have got worse... I like my new freinds... I will return what you have done.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:44 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Well, I never thought I would have to say this AGAIN, but given your nickname, I'm gonna have to:

Welcome, HANGOVER!!!!

Keep coming back and checking in. There is always someone listening here. You can do this thing.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:51 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR hangover

If there's one thing I learned it's that fear - fear of detox, fear of pain, fear of loneliness, fear of inadequacy etc.etc. - will keep me drunk.

The way out of the cycle is to put down the drink and not pick it up again. The way to keep that going is support

You're not alone - we've all been there and we understand

Glad to have you with us

D
Old 06-14-2011, 02:11 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

keep reading

you CAN do this

If I can anyone can and we all can
Old 06-14-2011, 02:13 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Buds

Hangover, please pour the LAST Bud down the drain...

can you see if there is an AA meeting in your area, PLEASE.

Tonight.

Kelly
Old 06-14-2011, 02:26 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hang in there Hangover!
I had 8 days, 28 days, 5 days etc, now I have nearly 8 months!
Go to AA and do the whole thing, not just meetings.
You will be amazed.
And this site is great.
You might want to know this short diddy now.

H A L T!
means Don't let yourself get too
HUNGRY,
ANGRY,
LONELY or
TIRED.
Keep some sweet and savory foods around, Get sleep/rest.
Do not get around people, places or things that make you angry.
Do not isolate. When you do not want to go to a meeting, GO!
Stay and talk, have coffee.
Don't buy drink and stay out of bars!
There, done! Good luck!