Notices

Hello All

Old 06-13-2011, 01:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello All

Im new to this group. I have spent a lot of time on another forum so im familiar with the layout.

I dunno. For years I have known I have a problem with alcohol. I have been fortunate but it has affected my work/children/relationships. I drink a lot. I never drink in the morning (during work days) but from the minute i get off work till I go to sleep i am drinking beer at the very least. Lately I cant get a buzz anymore so it feels boring but I do it anyway. today I ran out of money no more cash for the next seventeen days. I drank a lot this past weekend and am on day one of withdrawal. keg party/pig roast. moonshine even. doesnt even burn my throat or stomach anymore. today I feel feverish. the shaking seems to have subsided after a zillion glasses of water, light snack and multi vitamin. my vision is jacked up. I do not want to work with clients.

I do not have any plan. I dont know that I want to quit as much as Im going to be forced to at least for now. I am here to offer any insights I have gathered and to learn from others.

thanks
Old 06-13-2011, 01:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

oh ten plus drinks a day every day for maybe eight years now.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome

I really recommend you see a Dr atwittsend...detox can sometimes be pretty rough, especially if you've been drinking heavily for a long period of time.

You'll find a lot of help and support here should you decide to quit for good

D
Old 06-13-2011, 01:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hey dee. i read the two page thread on here of many others experiences. i am certainly on alert for severe symptoms. reasons i dont contact my doctor. no money. no time off work. I cant afford my copay. I dont borrow money from my dad because he is a narcissist and has NPD tendencies and the strings attached are not worth it. i could probably get access to benzos if I need them but again... stupid money. Im tired of being poor. I have been taking steps to completely change direction in my business life.