Notices

hangover hmm

Old 06-12-2011, 07:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hangover hmm

Hi All,

I had a medical procedure on Friday with anesthetic needle and then that night I took a 2 panadien forte and had a peice of chocolate cake but it appears it had rum in it.

I woke up the next morning with the worst hangover, nasues, bad headache OMG it was a real hangover one like I used to have. I am wondering if it was a combination of everything. Feel much better today but was a wreck for the day. What do you think this could be, could a bit of rum in a cake have had such a big impact? or the needle and tablets. Gosh it is a good reminder I never want to drink again and will say no to all birthday cakes in the future.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi ring

anaesthetic will often give me a headache anyway but it could also be the rum - if they used real rum and not flavouring.

I'd never eat anything with rum in it anyway - I think the smell alone would trigger unpleasant associations for me.

D
Old 06-13-2011, 12:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, I did ask if the cake had any alcohol and was told no, so it must have been the flavouring and the headache from the anaesthitic. Good reminder though of what bad headaches and a hangover is like, I am back to normal now!!
Old 06-13-2011, 12:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

good!

D
Old 06-13-2011, 03:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thats a relief. I also had a xmass cake a few weeks ago which I later found out was soaked in brandy! Does anyone know if all the alcahol leaves when its cooked?
Old 06-13-2011, 04:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Nope, it doesn't. Even cooked foods keep a residual amount of alcohol, and a cake soaked in rum has ALL of the alcohol.