Notices

Saying goodbye to my past

Old 06-12-2011, 03:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Saying goodbye to my past

Alcohol was never my drug of choice, though when I was abusing my drug of choice I often ended up abusing alcohol as well. I have a very fine and expensive collection of fine spirits. I never abused them, because I have a practical streak that said it was crazy to guzzle expensive liquor. It is meant to be sipped, when I binged, it was always the cheap stuff. I only ever got wasted on the cheap stuff.

I hoped someday I could drink again, enjoy sipping those fine spirits. A recent relapse has not only robbed me of a taste for the stuff, but knocked some sense into me. I CANNOT drink, drug of choice or not, I cannot drink.

So, here I am with gallons of the stuff, nearly 1000 bucks worth. But it's time to let go. I am giving away my bottles to people who appreciate fine spirits and who do not have substance abuse issues. I admit, as I was packing some up for a friend for future delivery, I thought maybe I should set at least one bottle aside...for someday, for a super duper special event...

Maybe I will leave one in safe keeping with a friend, they can break it out at my funeral and have a drink on me.

I am sharing this here to keep me honest and accountable. I don't want to do this, I don't want it to be true that I am a person who can't handle a drink, or a pill, or any of the other things that I "use" in active addiction. I don't want any of that to be true. Through this act I am admitting it IS true, and that I am willing to do what it takes to stay clean.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 06-12-2011, 03:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

A great decision Threshold

D
Old 06-12-2011, 03:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

may gods light shine upon you mate. atleast you undertsnad your wrongs.next part is going forward with strength and character!
and keep the dear stuff as it gets more expensive with age. !!!
good luck.
Old 06-12-2011, 04:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
instant

Threshold
You are strong

in my book - alcohol is alcohol - the rest is window dressing for the main event.

We will have to find other "special" things in our lives now (!!!!!!!!)
Old 06-12-2011, 11:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Much luck and strength to you Threshold!

I hate that I cannot have just "a beer"... but it is true and I cant ignore than fact any more.

No sipping, no pounding, no "relaxing with just a few"... it has to be zero and thats just the way it is
Old 06-12-2011, 11:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I did too and along with the crystal glasses...and all my bar items.
I sold the bar and stools ...and I am an alcoholic....
Old 06-12-2011, 11:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
lillyknitting

CHUCK THE LOT OUT. You know you are kidding yourself, keeping something back for a "special event", its all alcohol for God's sake, its all gonna take you to the same place whether you paid £10 or £100 its all the same. Good luck.