Notices

feel like i need inpatient but it is not possble

Old 06-10-2011, 07:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I can do anything!!!

feel like i need inpatient but it is not possble

I have been seeing a therapist, going to meetings, and been on multiple meds for several months now. I drank on antabuse. The longest I have been sober was 2 days. I need inpatient to change but i am a single mom with no help from their dad. What can i do?
Old 06-10-2011, 07:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome diha...what about going to out patient rehab?
I did because I didn't want to 'go away' for that long either. I loved it and now I do AA and have been sober since January 28th.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

ER is right....Outpatient rehab is another option, as is the Salvation Army who run many free inpatient treatment programmes, some I believe are for women only....I'm sure the single mom issue has come up before.

The Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center: Rehabilitation Program

why not give them a call?

simply call the Intake Office at 1-800-SA-TRUCK (728-7825) to make an appointment or get more information about local ARC programs.
Outside of all that, I remember when I couldn't get three days either.

Finding more and more support was the key for me....the more options I had besides simply turning to the bottle, the better...gradually 2 days become 4...then 8...then 16

D
Old 06-10-2011, 07:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I can do anything!!!

Already tried it
Old 06-10-2011, 07:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I can do anything!!!

Ahhhh
Old 06-10-2011, 09:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am sure there are many other resources besides Salvation Army! If you do an internet search and include the city in which you live, I am sure you can find more.
Sticking around this place (SR) certainly helps as well. In the past I would drink on antabuse and it is quite the scary feeling both during and afterwards. Thankfully however, those memories flash by when I get the urge to do so today. Take care of yourself, and your kiddo!

Old 06-10-2011, 10:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Here's the national database of rehabs for you - you may have to do a little work, but you'll be able to find free or low cost centres in your area.

Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Locator

Sometimes when we're running out of options I think we have to look at things we've tried and discarded before - like AA and rehab and whatever else.

Maybe you've changed since you tried last time?

Frankly I got to the point where anything was worth a go, I was prepared to do anything but live one more day that way.

How far are you prepared to go Diha?
I believe there's no end to the options if you want it bad enough

D
Old 06-10-2011, 10:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I remember those first few months, taking my young children to meetings with me. I was desperate to stay sober. I am so grateful to those wonderful people in that meeting who let my children eat their cookies while I began my road to recovery.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Diha, I truly believe where there's a will there is a way. Some really good recommendations have been posted, and yeah there are kids at some of the meetings I go to as well. I'd rather a mom with her kid then see someone die from this disease, even if you have to go to 'open' meetings while you build your network. Here there are some that are catered to women with kids.....good luck and welcome!