Notices

New To Narcotic Recovery

Old 06-09-2011, 01:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New To Narcotic Recovery

Hello, I am a recovering alcoholic with (God Willing) 2 years come Jul 3rd but I am new to narcotic (hydrocodone) recovery. Tomorrow will be day 1. So I may be posting a lot. I have been addicted to opiates in the past and oxycotin was TERRIBLE. I got very sick. I have been off and on Norco before. Times when it was a script for me (oral surgery) and also stealing my husbands. I have been taking his Norcos for about 2 weeks now up to 20 - 30 mgs. a day and hope that the withdrawl is not the same as the oxy. So, I may be posting a lot tomorrow. Alcohol is actually my "drug of choice" and use to attend AA regularly..every Monday and Friday night. I ran into an "old timer" from my old group today and told him I plan to be there for the Friday 6:30pm meeting. It was great talking to someone that knows me and my alcoholism. We live with my mother-in-law right now cuz we both lost our jobs. Husband is back to work but I have had no such luck. Don't have anyone to really talk to about this so that's why I found this site. Can't "confess" to husband about pills cuz he will want to kill me. The last time I confessed (last year) he was ready to kick me out. So I need to share feelings and thoughts with someone and I am here. Thanks for "listening". Husband due home any minute so until tomorrow morning....please keep me in mind that I can make a day 1 clean. Thanks Again!
Old 06-09-2011, 01:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

I'm glad you have decided to stop using the drugs.

I hope you keep reading and posting.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR justbme

I don't know anything about Hydro personally but we have a substance abuse forum here you might like to check out as well

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

I'm glad you're thinking of real life support - I think the more support we have the better it is. You'll find a lot of it here too.

Do see you Dr if you feel concerned enough, too.

best wishes for today
D
Old 06-09-2011, 05:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi JBM-
I am new to the site today and on day 5 of sobriety. While my enemy is alcohol and I'm only in 5 days, I fully understand the difficulty of hiding it from your spouse. I posted my story earlier today - I'll be here for you as someone who knows what you are going through. The way I see it, the withdrawals are temporary but getting back to an honest relationship with your spouse is worth it. I'm tired of hiding it - it's exhausting. Good luck tomorrow and keep us posted.