SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   laurie6781....Outstanding! 30 Years of AA recovery! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/228820-laurie6781-outstanding-30-years-aa-recovery.html)

CarolD 06-07-2011 08:22 AM

laurie6781....Outstanding! 30 Years of AA recovery!

Laurie and I became cyber friends many years ago on another site....she has remained a mentor for me and an inspration .

as she shares on several Forums....and I wanted our new members to know.....Yes! we can and do recover...I placed this here.

Thanks for sharing so generously ...:birthday

Mida 06-07-2011 08:35 AM

Wow, Laurie! Amazing and inspiring indeed! Congrats on 30 years!
:c029::bday7:scoregood

recoverywfaith 06-07-2011 08:36 AM

Laurie you are such a true inspiration. :tyou for your esh. Have a wonderful 30th birthday :bday7

Anna 06-07-2011 08:40 AM

Yay, Laurie!

I always appreciate your contributions to me and to our community.

suki44883 06-07-2011 08:44 AM

:c029: Congratulations, Laurie!! You are such an inspiration here. I always love reading your posts because I know they will be filled with common sense and also compassion. You are such an asset to SR! :thanks :scoregood

artsoul 06-07-2011 08:57 AM

INCREDIBLE - WOW!

That is such an amazing feat - and an inspiration to us all! Congratulations, laurie!:ny9:nyd:nyy:nyz

yeahgr8 06-07-2011 09:21 AM

Congrats and good to hear:-)

Mark75 06-07-2011 10:00 AM

Congrats!!

What suki said :)

FBL 06-07-2011 10:03 AM

WOW! 30 years is INCREDIBLE. What an inspiration.

least 06-07-2011 10:03 AM

Congrats and big hugs on thirty years sober!! :c029:

IO Storm 06-07-2011 10:04 AM

Amazing, Laurie...

Many heartfelt congrats)))) :hug:

:nyz

susanlauren 06-07-2011 10:15 AM

Laurie,
Happy, happy birthday. I am so glad you have chosen to be a part of the SR community. I, too, gain so much wisdom and insight from your posts. I hope you are doing something extra special for yourself today to celebrate your journey.
Susan :bday7 :tyou :scoregood

Opivotal 06-07-2011 10:55 AM

Big Congratulations Laurie!!!!! 30 years is terrific to say the least! I remember you shared at a meeting here at SR. I learned so much from you! What an asset you are to SR.

:bday7

Best Wishes To You!

resumebreakdown 06-07-2011 11:09 AM

30 years - amazing !

Outstanding indeed!

Kjell 06-07-2011 11:13 AM

Congrats Laurie and thank you.

Kjell~

24hrsAday 06-07-2011 11:33 AM

:You_Rock_:You_Rock_:You_Rock_ 30 years!! Congrats!

laurie6781 06-07-2011 11:45 AM

W O W

With all those WONDERFUL compliments I could easily get a big head! rofl My Ego is still not totally under control all the time, lmao

I try. I try to share what has worked for me over the years.

Early in my recovery, there were two things that have stuck with me all these years:

1) My sponsor's hubby, who was also in the program used to say:

"This is a simple program for very complicated people."

and

2) I never liked the K.I.S.S. saying (Keep It Simple Stupid). I really protested about that one to my sponsor(s). She and He both said, "drop the last S" it then became "Keep It Simple".

For this alkie that made sense. I had to keep this program SIMPLE because I can complicate the chit out of instructions in a flat minute. It also means to STOP ANALYZING EVERYTHING. I was asked by Bev and Hugh if I could BELIEVE that they BELIEVED? that was an easy one, I could do that. Then they said I was ready to work the steps. That in time I would find a "God" of my own understanding.

In addition to working with me through the steps, they taught me how to apply simple 'common sense' to every day living. To identify the problem and then look for the 'simplest' solution. By doing that, it proved to me over and over that whatever the problem of the moment was, it was NOT THE END OF MY WORLD!

I would love to tell you that once I worked my steps and then started LIVING the steps that my life became WONDERFUL. But that would be a BIG FAT LIE. Yes, my life got slowly better, and then there would be 'set backs'. It has been a long tedious process, and I am not done yet. However, I can confirm that my life, even with my current health issue is so much better than I could have ever imagined it would be.

My sobriety is a very special GIFT and I treat it as such.

I know I can be verbose, but I promise I am almost done, lmao

If even one person can learn one little thing or tidbit from my shares, then I am truly blessed!!!

Now to CarolD. Carol, yes we have been friends now for many a long year. We have never met face to face and yet I consider her a dear friend. She almost always (and that means daily) posts something that I NEEDED to hear on that day, or that was a NEW perspective on something I already new, or is something NEW.

Thank you all for your kind words, and Thank you Carol for being my friend all these years.

Love and hugs,

ps: for most of these past 30 years, this BIRTHDAY has and does mean more to me than my Natal Birthday, which is just 3 weeks away on July 1st when I will turn 66 years old. Years I would never have lived, if I had not found recover. YES, all of you can have recovery if you WANT it and are WILLING TO GO TO ANY LENGTHS TO GET IT, the same WILLINGNESS you have/had to get your D.O.C.

1undone 06-07-2011 11:51 AM

:c029::c029::c029::c029::c029:

bellakeller 06-07-2011 12:29 PM

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING ON THIS PLANET!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!:thanks

Zencat 06-07-2011 12:45 PM