Notices

Hey I'm a noob again ;) :(

Old 07-08-2011, 06:33 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

So glad to see you back, Ron. I KNEW you would return. Time to live and do it for YOU (that's what I keep telling myself). Don't regret the past month - for whatever reason, it was where you needed to be. Just know you don't ever have to live that way again unless you choose it. Basically, I think that's the whole crux of the matter. For many years I accepted the fact that I was powerless over alcohol and that fact pretty much just gave me justification to drink, my ultimate cop-out. It's only recently I see that I have CHOSEN to live this way most all of my adult life. A bitter pill to swallow for sure. God help us all. Hope you have a great meeting tonight!
Old 07-08-2011, 07:38 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Ron I'm pulling for you. You know what to do as you demonstrated from you past sober time. How fortunate you are for friends willing to tell you the news.

Time to knock it off, pick up the loose bits and stop taking your own life away one glass at a time. Well that my tough love attempt . I'm thinking your friends did a better job of it.

Keep going forward in your recovery.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:52 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Welcome back. It's nice to see you here again.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:57 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Take care Ron.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:00 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Welcome back Ron!
Old 07-08-2011, 10:19 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Ron. Your friends and family must be just as relieved. Good to know you've got folks looking out for you in this most difficult time.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:05 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Ron,

I recall reading your thread when you first posted it. I am sorry for your loss, and I am glad that you were able to stop and get back on the saddle.

Take care.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:14 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Ron, I'm very happy to hear that you've made it back. I'm glad there was a sense of relief when you said you were going to meet with your sponsor.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:33 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Well, I've been sick with nerves. The grief was eating me up. Finally found a drug that is helping immensely. Hate trading one drug for another (booze) but if it works? My 30 day binge just delayed the real grief, so glad it's finally here and I can deal with it. Then onward and upward.

Ron
Old 07-14-2011, 08:16 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Ron--I'm terribly sorry for your loss. And I think it's okay for you to have rinsed your mind and your nerves. Now you need to work on your heart. You know you need to be sober for that.

You are so important to us. Stay close and let us know if we can help you somehow.

I cannot fathom what you are going through. I know we have all had a lot of pain, but our ability to deal with it is not cumulative. Each event is original and authentic. I'm just starting to live authentically but if I lost my dear husband I guaranty you I would disappear one way or another. So even if you have to come here with ice on the end table, do it.

Stay close Ron. You were so much support to me right at the beginning--and all without judgment.