Notices

I know a drink won't help, but...

Old 06-05-2011, 10:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Oh wow! Talk about a SIGN!!! You really needed that...!!!!!!!!!!! Magical.

Hugs.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Citylights...i just wanted to also chime in and commend you for that inner strength...Day 4 will roll right into day 5 and you will start to feel better physically.

I have cyber-kicked the boyfriend with the trash-mouth right in the shins for you too....rise above it and feel awesomely healthy.

one thing that helped me early on was to take a picture of myself on a weekly basis(cellphone, bathroom, closed door)....it is amazing the change in our faces once we stop drinking.

big hugs and i hope your family comes around soon.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:32 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

......I so love to get those God Shots....and you had 2 ...Wow!
Old 06-05-2011, 05:12 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good Job citylights! First the meeting and then the sign? I call those God Shots too.

I got a lot of those God Shots in my few weeks before getting free of the alcohol for good. Nothing to do with religion. Everything to do with finding the inexplicable when we are looking.

Take good and special care of yourself so you can be there for the rest of the family when it will be needed the most.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:29 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I love that--God Shots! Thanks for the new way of thinking about it Carol and Itchy. And I appreciate the cyber-kick Fandy.

And Fandy, what a great idea about the photos. Also, a friend said to me, keep this image in your mind when you aren't feeling so great about yourself: envision people saying to you in three months, wow, you look so healthy, what's changed?

So I hold that image, not so much out of vanity (well, OK, a little), but out of the idea that I can become healthier in every way if I simply don't pick up a drink.

Thanks newwings and everyone, good night, day five, here we come. I honestly didn't think I could put together even this many days. x
Old 06-06-2011, 04:36 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Awesome stuff going on. Hope you will continue to get to those meetings--there is probably one (or more) every day. You can't get too much support right now--grab it. Keep comin' back!
Old 06-06-2011, 06:41 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'm so proud of you Citylights!!! You Rock!!! One day at a time, worked for me. Before you know it, your into week 1, 2, 3, etc. It's a great feeling. Your on the right path, you got the signs to prove it. Big hugs to you!!

:ghug3
Old 06-06-2011, 02:00 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks lexie and opivotal: everyone's support has meant the world. I go back home tomorrow and am worried about falling into my old routine (drinking alone in my own apartment), but I've already looked up the meetings for tomorrow and will definitely get to one. I couldn't have made it this far without all you guys.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:27 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
A work in progress

One of the reasons I liked doing my 90-in-90 (90 meetings in 90 days) is that it gave me a place to go every night when I would otherwise be sitting at home drinking. That was what I did, every night after I got home from work.

Instead, I made up a whole schedule of meetings for each night of the week. It broke up my routine, gave me something positive to look forward to every day, not to mention I developed a good network of people. A lot of the same folks went to various of the meetings I used to go to, and I got to know them and they got to know me.

90-in-90 isn't magic, and just going to meetings doesn't equal recovery (that's what the Steps are for), but the fellowship and inspiration I got those first 90 days were priceless.