Notices

Sugar Alcohols in Candy

Old 06-03-2011, 09:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Sugar Alcohols in Candy

Ummmm I just noticed that the sugar free candy I'm muching on had sugar alcohol in it. Does this matter? Maybe I'll google it. Dang it! I can't win. Anyone?
Old 06-03-2011, 09:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I eat it. We sure can stress ourselves out. Does eating it trigger a physical craving to drink? Not for me.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

LOL I just googled it and guess what! The answer came from this site! LOLOL I'm such a dork! I guess I won't relapse. It's okay.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Candy is bad mmkay
Old 06-03-2011, 10:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm with GS on this one. I eat it too! No worries for me.

Best Wishes To You!
Old 06-03-2011, 10:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Due to health issues with adult onset diabetes I am in a position where I eat a lot of sugar free things. I have not found it increases or gives me cravings for alcohol. Personally I believe that there are different types of alcohol and the small amount of alcohol in these types of products are different enough that they do not affect the system like real alcohol but that is just an opinion. Orange juice and bread also have alcohol in it but it does not set off cravings for me either. Now if I know that what I am eating has real alcohol in it I will not use it because I feel it will set off that craving and I know I can feel drunk when I eat enough of it unlike when I eat things with the different type of alcohol in it. Just my experience and opinion though so take what you can use and leave the rest.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Eh, I really doubt your eating the candy to get drunk. Its all in the intension I say. Heck, I bought some Bullseye Bourbon BBQ sauce for my grilled hamburgers the other day. Not because I thought it would get me drunk, just simply because I like the rich flavor.

I brought a topic up about cooking with alcohol. Some say they think its ok, and others say not so much.

I personally think its strictly the intension of use, so I say not to stress on it unless it really triggers you in a way to want to drink.

-Ryan
Old 06-03-2011, 12:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Cool Just A Wee FYI

The term “sugar alcohol” is very misleading. Sugar alcohols get their name from their unique chemical structure, which resembles both sugar and alcohol. But they're neither sugars nor alcohols. In fact, sugar alcohols are a type of carbohydrate
Old 06-03-2011, 12:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Darklight! I'm going to have nightmares! LOL