Notices

Day 5...Questions

Old 06-02-2011, 05:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kat

Day 5...Questions

Made it to day 5 I hope someone can tell me if it's normal to feel this way or is something else possibly going on...I noticed I felt a little sick to my stomach all day yesterday and when I woke up this morning I feel the same way and in addition to that I have a bizarre burning in my upper back and feel a little edgy.

Yesterday, although I didn't feel hyper, my boss mentioned 2x that I was oddly hyper...anyone ever hear this?
Old 06-02-2011, 05:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Kat

well done on 5 days.

No medical advise should be given or asked on this site. We can all support you any other way though.

Hope you feel better soon.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on the time.
Being edgy is part of it...anxious, frustrated, crabby, hyper...I felt lots of things the first week. Mainly I felt alot better than I had drinking so I figured I'm better off no matter how edgy I felt as long as I was not drinking.
Keep going...
Old 06-02-2011, 06:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

There are all sorts of things you are going to feel, but you're feeling them!

I get stomach aches, backaches, sprained ankles, headaches and I can feel them. I can also feel the joy and that is what makes the pain live able.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
April 18, 2010

Hi RunningKat -- I hope you will see a doctor if your physical condition worsens or continues to trouble you.

I got sort of hyper at first . . . I remember thinking I was suddenly talking rather loudly! For me it was the excitement of starting to feel clarity.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I can;t say I had any of those symptoms but then everyones detox tends to be different

Like American Girl says, see your Dr if you're worried, if things get worse or if they persist.
It might be good to get checked out anyway and put your mind at ease?

D
Old 06-02-2011, 03:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Kat

Thanks everyone for your responses...i wasn't really looking for medical advice just wondering if anyone else had experienced any of the things I was/am experiencing but thank you all for your support.

I'm feeling a little better...maybe just a coincidental bug
Old 06-02-2011, 06:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
April 18, 2010

You know, RunningKat, I thought of one other thing. My back hurt at first because I wasn't used to sleeping through the night. So, I think my back was stiffer because I was tossing and turning less often. I'm not sure if this is what you were describing about your upper back, but I thought I'd chime in in case.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hello runningkat. I am six months sober and feel odd quite often. I know when we quit we think that we get back to "normal" soon. The truth is, many of us drank for a looooong time. For me, 20 years. So it's going to take much longer than a few days, weeks, or even months to level out.

The good news is mixed in with some "hard days" are some amazing days. The clarity that lays in store for you is awesome. Remember, it's just a day at a time. If you're having a tough day, just go to bed earlier. That advice helped me so much many times..

Best of luck to you. You can do this!
Old 06-02-2011, 09:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

In sobriety, we're so much more attuned to our bodies and health than when we're drinking. It's good unless it spills over into hypochondria.

When I was drinking, I attributed *every* ache, pain, or discomfort to being hungover. My arm could have fallen off and I'd think, when I quit drinking, that arm will grow right back. LOL