Notices

A question for those advocating doctors

Old 06-02-2011, 04:02 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yes, I have been to a detox facility. The first nurse I saw asked me why I was crying -- "did I think I was the only one in pain?" Please note, this was after I asked for an ice pack. For my orbital blowout fracture. Which happened in a single-vehicle accident after an airbag failed to deploy when I was DUI. Which was completely my fault. And I am just grateful -- so grateful -- that the only one hurt was me. Sorry but I am angry. And want back what I had in early May. Glad to have this site. Sorry if I sound like a complete jerk. I am not.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Gracie, please go back and look at my post with the two links. The second link has several detox facilities in your general area. Surely one of them will suit your needs.

I can certainly understand the anger. But, anger can be a good thing if it propels us to get the help we need. You can have what you had in early May, but you have to work hard to get it, and then you have to work hard to keep it. I wish only good things for you, and hope you go out and get the help you need.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:06 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Have you tried River Oaks? I know that at the very least, they will do an evaluation and see where you are (I was literally just there on Tuesday). I know what you're saying about getting to a psychiatrist - my therapist has been working non-stop to get me into see someone before July and so far it just isn't happening and I'm suffering from severe depression right now. I planned to check into the hospital, but was deemed non-emergent since I wasn't in withdrawal and was not admitted. NOLA is in a difficult place for healthcare right now - I hear ya. And I'm also here to attest to the fact that the city is NOT functioning despite other reports. But seriously, if you haven't yet, give River Oaks a try...at the very least, a social worker will see you and assess the situation (which admittedly isn't much, I know). Good luck!
Old 06-02-2011, 05:24 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hope you are feeling better today! :ghug3
Old 06-03-2011, 08:43 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Defyinggravity thank you thank you thank you. It's very nice to know someone who is in NOLA is on here. I would send you a PM regarding your question, but I can't figure out how to navigate that right now. But thank you so much for your reply.