Notices

Body and Soul

Old 06-01-2011, 02:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Body and Soul

Just tidying some stuff out and came across something I adapted from a Stephen King text years ago. You probably will realise the "boy" is the body we poisoned with whatever substances we decided to put in it.

I looked up and in come this boy. He looked like a younger me but his face were covert wi' blood and one of his eyes were put out, spoiling his pretty and he walked all a-limp. Looked like death, he did and frightened me terrible and made me sad to see him, too. I just turned away, thinking if I did that he might not never mind me, or even see me at all and go away.
But he looked right at me, so he did, and said "Why must you hurt me, when I love you so? When I can do nothing else nor want to, for love made me and fed me and kept me in better days. Why will you cut me, and disfigure my face, and fill me with woe? I have only loved you for your beauty, as you once loved me for mine in the days before the World moved on. Now you scar me with Nails and put burning drops of Quicksilver in my nose; you have set the animals on me, so you have, and they have eaten of my softest parts. Around me the Hyenas gather and there's no peace from their laughter. Yet still I love you and would serve you and even bring Magic again, if you would allow me, for this is how my Heart was cast when I rose from the seed. And once I was strong as well as beautiful, but my strength is almost gone".
He wept', and I did, too, for I could see that he had been fair as daylight. He said, "If the torture were to stop now, I might still recover - if never my looks, then at least my strength. But another week... or maybe five days... or even three... and it will be too late. Even if the torture were to stop, I'll die and You'll die too, for when love leaves the World, all hearts are still. Tell them of my love and tell them of my pain and tell them of my hope, which still lives. For this is all I have, and all I am, and all I ask'. Then the boy turned and walked away.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you again Blue2!

D