Notices

How?

Old 06-07-2011, 12:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by waywardway View Post
I stopped listening after he said "Hi I'm Mike and I'm CEO of a company called habitbusters..."
It is your choice. It did help me so I sent it to you. Beginning of speech has nothing to do with its overall content. All the best .
Old 06-07-2011, 01:45 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by susanlauren View Post
Oh my goodness, NO. The twelve steps were intended to be worked quickly, more like twelve days for twelve steps. The early AA's began working the steps as soon the person was mentally clear enough from detox (out of the alcohol haze) to understand what he or she was doing. Bill Wilson took approximately 9 days to work the steps. Dr. Bob took approximately two weeks (all of his amends were done in a single day).

Wow, i did not know this, thanks...
Old 06-07-2011, 04:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I have several mental health diagnoses as well as alcoholism. You shouldn't have to put up with a poor quality of sobriety for an unreasonable amount of time. If things are still bad, maybe you should consider a second opinion, someone new to consult with. However, I had to accept that nothing the doctors could give me was going to be an instant, total panacea for my problems - I have to work at it. I don't think my depression and anxiety is curable, but it is manageable. Being that way doesn't make you less of a person, everyone has something or other that they live with.

It took time to get all my treatment/medication adjusted right. I think I've been fortunate in my counselors, they've really helped me find the right track - they listen to me but help me find some constructive course of action I can follow, rather than continuing to wallow in problems, feeling sorry for myself, etc. I follow some AA principles, but I found CBT also very helpful.

My psychiatrist is adamant that nutrition and physical activity is very good for mental health. I'm sensitive to many medications, as well as being addiction prone, so do try to do what I can for myself in keeping a balance.