Notices

Fellowship in AA for me

Old 05-29-2011, 04:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fellowship in AA for me

Today, day 27, was a really good and full day of fellowship with some guys I just met in AA this month. As soon as I got up this morn, I met up with a newcommer to AA (3 weeks in aa), and he took me to the rifle range. I haven't fired a gun since I was a kid, so it was a real treat. His family has got a bunch of guns and pistols, but we just took his shotgun and fired at a bunch of flying skeets. Lots of fun, but now I have a brusied sholder. Afterwards I actually made some good use of my truck and helped him move some stuff out of his ex-girlfriends place. Funny how us newbies to sobriety need help moving out of places that weve recently been told to leave. Then we teamed up with some other guys who also have about a month of sobriety, went to a "Speaker Only" meeting that had an awsome speaker, then got something to eat at Dennys, and joked around till about 1:00am.

4 guys with about 1 month sober driving around, hanging out together, supporting each other in our sobriety, doing stuff together, laughing together = priceless. Like I said, day 27 was a really good day!
Old 05-29-2011, 04:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That is lovely Dune.
Good on you for 27 days.
I found hanging with other newcomers very helpful at the beginning and they kind of stay as your "class" for the long term. Just got off the phone with one of my contemporaries. Love her to bits. And we couldn't be more different. She inspires me to be quite honest, as I have seen her from day one, all for myself.
Sometimes, we can't see the changes in ourselves, but we can see the positive change in another.
PS, I lived in SF for 5 yrs in the 90's, great town. Very far from the ould sod though!
Have a lovely long weekend.