Notices

Week 1 Symptoms Revisited Week 6??

Old 05-26-2011, 08:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Week 1 Symptoms Revisited Week 6??

Strange...

I hadn't had severe insomnia, tremor, or heart palpitations since day 7 or 8 of alcohol abstinence....but when I hit day 40(a day I was looking forward to because it was a new sobriety record)...WHOA! All the first days' symptoms came back at me....anyone else experience this, or is is a psychosomatic connection to my new abstinence record?
Old 05-26-2011, 08:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My therapist mentioned that this would likely happen to me, although in nearly 5 months it has not. Said it could happen pretty much anytime within a year or so of quitting. I've always wondered when it will happen, or if it will. Interesting to hear that it's happened to you since I haven't really heard of anyone else mentioning it
Old 05-26-2011, 09:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know you were pretty anxious about the day 4thekidz - do you think that might be a factor?

D
Old 05-27-2011, 03:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 4thekidz View Post
Strange...

I hadn't had severe insomnia, tremor, or heart palpitations since day 7 or 8 of alcohol abstinence....but when I hit day 40(a day I was looking forward to because it was a new sobriety record)...WHOA! All the first days' symptoms came back at me....anyone else experience this, or is is a psychosomatic connection to my new abstinence record?
Perhaps you had too much caffeine or a sudden drop in blood sugar? I am only on day 25 and that happens to me some mornings. At first I thought it was delayed symptoms but then I remembered I didn't eat or had too much coffee. Symptoms stopped as soon as I ate some carbs and protein. Just a thought
Old 05-27-2011, 04:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It could be a lot of different things. You probably just have to ride it out. Going to the doc would be the best though. I had problems with insomnia for a while after i stopped. I would just lay awake in bed for hours But after about 2 months and no coffee, well I sleep like a baby now.

I know you have other issues, but just like the insomnia, it willl probably pass. Just hang in there and give it time.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

When ever I start dwelling the on importance of a certain day or get myself to stressed out I have the same thing happen to me and I'm over 100 days. Be patient with yourself, it takes time for a body & brain to heal. I've found keeping myself calm and collected as possible is the best method to keep those feelings at bay.