Notices

Going to see less of me

Old 05-26-2011, 05:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Going to see less of me

You guys will see less of me for now on. I general have my life understand and have learn how to deal with issues without alcohol. Also my cravings are an non issue. I've only been drinking heavy/binge drinking since end of 2008. Not a long drinker but still it made my life a living hell and I've let my actions out of my hands and let alcohol do all my thinking. I can't remember the last time I had a drink but it's been almost 2 months. I still waiting for my DUI trial to come up but it's been 6 months now and don't know when I will be on probation yet. Not nervous now but will be a little bit when the date comes up. But I'm learn that I'm in control of my action and I'm the only person that can make my life meaning full and joyful. I started work 2 weeks ago and don't get nervous about wanting to drink on the drink. I have done it before. Feels good and like with everything, I need to move on with my life. Got some really good advice here in SR and can't be in recovery for life.

So the 10 cent question is will I stay sober for life. Most likely no but will not try until I get off of probation which will be way over a year from now.

You will hear form me but not that much. Take care!

P.S.: Got to hit the gym because it gets too late.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Best of luck. If you are truly an alcoholic, it's tough on your own. At least it was for me. For me, it takes very little effort the patriciapate here. The good things I get from coming here require such little effort. That's the beauty of this site. It's open 24/7 and you don't have to go anywhere.

My point, don't feel like you have to "resign" from the site. Come here anytime you like.

Best of luck!
Old 05-26-2011, 05:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well, personally - I hope you do decide to stay sober for life - having finally shut the door to the madness, I can't imagine opening it again, even a crack.

See what the year brings you, I guess.

Best of luck with whatever you decide act10n - at least drop back every so often and tell us what's occuring...

D
Old 05-26-2011, 06:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I also hope that you decide to stop drinking permanently.

I wish you well, and hope you check in from time to time.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Good for you and good luck!!

I mean that if you can handle all of it on your own than more power to ya!!!

I know must of us cant thats why we are here, and thank you to everyone!!

peace, Dylan
Old 05-26-2011, 07:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wishing you well, Action. Will be pleased to how life is treating you when you DO post. Never lose sight of what brought you here....
Old 05-26-2011, 07:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi ACT10Npack,

You know I got a couple of DUI in my life, the first one I got off pretty easy with a good lawyer but my 2 one I had to pay big time and got 2 years probation and at the end of my probation I went right back to drinking for 25 more years.

I look back and only wish I new half of all the stuff I now know about Alcoholism because I would have took a different road 25 years ago. I lost some good friends due to Alcoholism and I'm damm lucky to be here today with 2 years sober.. Wish you the best what ever road you take...I think I'll stick around for a wild longer, I like this sober road.....

Road