Notices

30 days sober today! I made it my first month!

Old 05-27-2011, 09:24 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Wow

Thats Amazing..CONGRATS! Have not had 30 days in my entire LIFE (wow) but I look frwd to it..day 5 here..not drinking not thinking going to meetings..DUDE really CONGRATS..any words of wisdom for a first week guy?
Old 05-27-2011, 09:41 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Keep up the good work Ryan! I have enjoyed getting to know you a little bit on SR and you are one of the individuals have kept me coming back to this site. You should be very proud of yourself! Celebrate with a dilly bar! Have a great weekend!
Old 05-27-2011, 08:10 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ski7days View Post
Thats Amazing..CONGRATS! Have not had 30 days in my entire LIFE (wow) but I look frwd to it..day 5 here..not drinking not thinking going to meetings..DUDE really CONGRATS..any words of wisdom for a first week guy?
Well what works for one man, may not for another. BUT what worked for me is focus on the future. While I agree with the term one day at a time, I also think not to just focus on that one day, but the entire picture. In other words, keep reminding yourself how good you will feel tomorrow if you dont drink today. And those times when you REALLY want to drink, dont sit there and dwell on it. That only makes it worse. Just know that that craving will pass, and again tell yourself how horrible you will feel TOMORROW if you gave in today. Also tell yourself your getting ready for something big! And that something big is a sober future.

Seems to work for me

Stay strong bud! You'll make it I'm sure!

-Ryan
Old 05-27-2011, 08:20 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Oh and one other thing that really helped me stay sober as well. It falls in the lines here on SR.

Know that your sobriety is actually helping others too! For example, when you come here and post. Think about HOW MANY PEOPLE are reading what your saying. Some of them will appear and respond on the topic, but so many don't! I know reading others sober posts have helped me, and I feel I do the same for others.

So that right there helps stay me stay sober in tremendous amounts. Not only am I staying sober for myself, but knowing my sobriety is helping others as well. That doesn't just feel good, it feels GREAT that I am helping impact others in their sobriety. So know your posts matter more than you may know!

-Ryan
Old 05-27-2011, 08:58 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Congratulations Ryan!!! 30 days is awesome! I am on Day 7, and reading your post motivates me to aim for that milestone, 21 more days!
Old 05-28-2011, 07:00 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Right on Ryan congrats

You were one of the first to ever reply to me when I started. So thank you and so glad you made it this far.

Keep stayin positive and I look foward to hear what your up to

I am currently on day 11, well 19 more to go for that beautiful 30 aye aye aye

Peace, Dylan