Notices

Headaches!

Old 05-23-2011, 09:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Headaches!

Just what I didn't want to happen. For the last 3 days I've had a killer headache on the right side of my head from my eye down the back of my head into the muscle on the right side of my shoulder. The left side of my head feels normal and ready for anything but the right is like, I wanna go to bed, these lights are too bright, bla bla....

10 days sober and this is my reward. I'm trying to stay positive but it's hard. This just makes me want to drink to take the pain away but that's no longer an option. THe advil I took isn't touching it. I'm starting to feel desperate. 3 days of pain is no fun. Not sure if I should call the doc. I don't want another medication. I'm so flustered! GERRRRRR

Thanks for reading my rant.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think talking to your dr would be a good idea.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree with Anna, I would call my Doctor! A bad headache for three days is torture. Perhaps your Doctor can help you out? The pain will start wearing you down and I would hate to see that happen to you. Especially with 10 days sober. I recall having headaches myself, but not to the extent that I needed to see a Doctor.

I hope you feel better soon.

Best Wishes To You and Congratulations on 10 days!!
Old 05-23-2011, 09:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Somehow I thought you might say that....
Old 05-23-2011, 09:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Hi 1undone-

Yep, I wanted rewards right away too, but think about it. We want to be rewarded for doing something we probably should be doing anyway

I'm 18 months sober and sobriety hasn't been all puppies and rainbows for me.

It's been quite the adjustment, with headaches, P.A.W.S., anxiety attacks, and sinus issues.

It's no doubt I was self medicating for a long time.

Hang in there and keep moving forward.

Kjell~
Old 05-23-2011, 12:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Bla have my sunglasses on at work. It's worse. Think I'll have to go to the doc tomorrow if it persists. I was feeling so good too. Oh well.....
Old 05-23-2011, 12:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh at least I'm not having palpitations and anxiety anymore - thought I'd throw that positive in there......
Old 05-23-2011, 01:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I had headaches for about a week after my initial detox was over. They got better after a few days, but if your worried a quick check with the doctor might be in order. Great job on the 10 days!
Old 05-23-2011, 01:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Besides agreeing with the the medical advice, all I can offer is to make sure that you are properly hydrated and have all the proper nutrition in your body.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm a bad one for not going to the Dr too - but a headache like that for 3 days?

See your doc - I also agree to do the common sense things like keep hydrated and avoid diuretics like caffeine etc

D
Old 05-23-2011, 04:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 10 days.

One week after I stopped, I had the worst headache, also on one side of the head, behind one eye and down into my neck, for 9 days.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:44 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Checkin in

Hey there just stopped by to wish you well and see how the headache is doing.I hope it faded for you.

We are close togather in days so lets keep going it only can be a positive thing.

Peace
Old 05-24-2011, 10:57 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Doc asked me to take a certain dose of Motrin and said that with all I've been through to accept the fact that I'm going to be hurting for a while. My blood work and other tests are all good so I'm just going to have to suck it up and keep on going. I was confronted with the, "are you exercising?" question. LOL Ummm not really...

I suppose I have things I need to do to help myself (duhhh) but gosh I'm on day 11 and I got to stay home! Hee hee Thanks for all the support as usual. I just love this place.

Thanks again my SR buddieeeessss!!!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 11:04 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Could also be allergies, I know it's been messing with my sinuses and I've been getting sporadic pressure headaches...