Notices

Well, here we go again........

Old 05-22-2011, 04:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lightbulb Well, here we go again........

Just wanted to share something:

I don't know why I typed this to be honest......just speaking my thoughts out aloud and hopefully others in a similar place will understand.

Tonight is my last night I will (hopefully) ever drink alcohol again. I've been my doctor and got Chlordiazepoxide ready to help with the forthcoming withdrawals but thankfully I don't get them too bad. After tonight that is it.

Recently I have been destroying myself and life with drinking stupid amounts from the moment I wake to the moment I pass out, each day and every day. I've also lost another job and everything that was good about myself.

Once this bottle is gone that will be it. Done; no more. It will be hard journey getting there but once I reach my destination of sobriety I am sure it will be a better place than where I am now. I can't wait really.....I know there is more to my life that this bottle. I am looking forward to being happy and me again.

Good luck people in your recovery.

Aaron in Scotland.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Aaron: Welcome to SR. Thanks for your honesty and for coming to the conclusion that it's time to stop the insanity of drinking, and that you are doing it safely with your doctor's support.

You'll find a lot of support here on these forums that will help you on your new path. So see you tomorrow, Day One.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Aaron - glad you found us! Congratulations on your decision to get sober and for seeing your doctor. This is a great place to come for support 24/7......

It took some time to get used to being sober (and for the obsession to fade), but it got a little better each day. If we can do it, you can too!:ghug3
Old 05-22-2011, 04:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back. THis is a great place for support and understanding.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Aaron. Hope you will find something here that will help you with getting and staying sober.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the encouraging messages. I will post back tomorrow and let you know how I am getting on.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Aaron
Have you thought about dumping the bottle now, before it's finished?

The sooner you stop the better in my experience
D
Old 05-22-2011, 05:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome Aaron,

I agree you should just dump that bottle now, it might lessen the pain tomorrow.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Aaron I would go ahead and dump the bottle out right now and get started. Just read a bunch of the posts on SR after you do it and it will keep you motivated. Good luck
Old 05-22-2011, 06:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome Aaron. I hope things go well for you. We'll be here for support when you need us.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I spent a good year or two "Okay, this is it".

Wake up the next morning or "come to" and regret it all. Usually something I didn't intend on happening, happened. I drank more than I intended. I mean - "If this it, I might as well go all out". Regretful morning, followed by a miracle sometime after noon where I couldn't wait to drink again - of course - for the last time or at least until this weekend when i'll really go to town and then that will be it.

Do you know, that in the 8 plus years I've been sober - even in the earliest days when the compulsion was wicked strong - I never ever have woke up in the morning regretting NOT DRINKING ?

I'm not lying. I used to regret drinking a lot. Drinking too much, drinking certain booze (Tequlia), even drinking at all.

But I have never once felt regret for not drinking. Amazing if you ask me.

Good luck man.