Notices

Loser.

Old 05-22-2011, 08:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Loser.

Yes, that's me. Graduation party last night. Friends that I had not seen in years....I don't have to finish, you all know the rest. Today-- overwhelming guilt and feel like crap.

Damn it. Day 1. Again.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
★May 13,2011★

I know the feeling.Pick up where you left off and try sobriety again.This experience can only make you stronger...you can look back and remember how bad you felt & use that as a motivator to never do that to yourself again.GL!

P.S. Your NOT a loser!
Old 05-22-2011, 10:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

But look what you did. You got right back on here instead of giving up. Take care of yourself and head for the light...which I presume is the sobriety you had gained. There are many days in a life. And we live them one at a time.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry. I do not think you are a loser. How long was you clean for?
Old 05-22-2011, 11:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all. I honestly wish that there was some way to put a hangover in a box so that when it came time to drink again, I could open it up and feel exactly the way that I feel right now. How is it that we forget how bad it is?

I hate drinking. I really do.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hi Trying - that was a really, really tough challenge (early recovery, party, old friends, etc.). Give yourself a break and remember that it takes time to learn how to deal with life sober. Every day you don't pick up a drink is a victory.

We've all felt like losers. But you're here posting and that takes courage..... so give yourself some credit. Tomorrow will be better.:ghug3
Old 05-22-2011, 11:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Trying,

I have had many times where I have "failed" and where I felt like ****; I have had other times where I did alright.

I'm a normal-type person. Take the booze away, and people like me. They like me. So, why can't I survive without the booze?

I have no answer. Except to say - the booze ruins a perfectly good situation. Always.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Lose, I am right there with you, starting again on Day 1. But we're alive and we're here and we're trying to get better, which is not a failure, it may be a setback, but we're not giving up.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It is always nice to read evrybody's positive comments. On day one my outlook is all positive. I just keep telling myself over and over again that this time is the last. I hope that it is.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

The funny thing about hangovers is that we tend to forget how miserable they are, shortly after we recover from one.

So you don't want to drink anymore. What have you learned from this experience that will help you in the future?
Old 05-22-2011, 03:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Trying2doBetter

What do you think you need to add to what you've been doing, so this doesn't happen again?

D
Old 05-22-2011, 03:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm not sure what I have learned from this experience that I haven't already been through. I am also not sure what to "add" so that this doesn't happen again.

For right now, I know that I don't want to feel the way that I feel right now ever again. I also don't want to spend a whole day doing NOTHING because I feel awful. That's really all that I know for certain.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's something I always ask...not to annoy anyone LOL but, because I know from past experience if I just do the same things again, I'm more than likely to end up in the same place and same situation.

It's good for everyone to get a party/social strategy together I think - what can you do next time to avoid the mistakes you made this weekend?

Have you thought of more support than SR?

D
Old 05-22-2011, 03:42 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

hang in there bro!
Old 05-22-2011, 03:47 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I feel I have to start over and find all new friends now that don't drink.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:47 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I have thought of more support, but it is really not a practical option. I live pretty far outside of town and as far as I know, the cows around here don't have meetings.

As I have said before, I don't drink everyday. I think that SR will be enough if I have the opportunity to check in regularly.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:49 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by Trying2doBetter View Post
Yes, that's me. Graduation party last night. Friends that I had not seen in years....I don't have to finish, you all know the rest. Today-- overwhelming guilt and feel like crap.

Damn it. Day 1. Again.
Day 1 Again is a little bit better than being dead!

I have had a lot of Day One's so I know how you feel, I always felt as if I was a loser as well, today I know that I am not, neither are you, it is just part of our Journey!
Old 05-23-2011, 05:57 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Insanity is doing the same thing over again and expeecting different results. You know what will happen if you drink. You know how you will feel when you drink. You know the feelings that arise when you drink. But why do we keep doing it over again? Changing your habits is one thing changing your heart is another.
Everyday was a day 1 for me for years. I vowed everyday this was it. Until...it hit me like a iron skillet right between the eyes. Now I get it. You will too.
A loser to me is someone with no conscious, with no self worth and no will to gain the success they deserve. You are not in that catagory...you are here and you will try again. Won't you? *wink*
Old 05-23-2011, 06:01 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
instant

I used to be a daily drinker. I have struggled, I used to find keeping a tally of drinking days helped my perspective eg 5drinking days out of 12 etc etc, it just keeps the self criticism in perspective.