Notices

Lonely in my Recovery

Old 05-21-2011, 07:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Carolid, thanks for your input and the sugestion. But the first thing that came to my mind when I saw your post was "How does someone find the time to post 31,899 times?"
Old 05-21-2011, 07:23 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Encourager In Training

I dunno, Dune. I view the kind of "casual companionship" you're referring to the same way I view having a couple of beers. What's the point? Sounds like a good oppotunity for one or both parties to receive a total mindfu#$. That might just be how I'm wired, though.

The deeper into recovery you are when you begin pursuing a relationship, the better your decisions and the more you'll bring to the table. This disease rendered me emotionally stupid. Newly sober, I was pretty ignorant of who I was and what i really needed.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:23 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BakoGal View Post
Dune, I know exactly how you feel. I am 29 days in and feeling lonely as my party friends have distanced themselves, and I from them, and haven't made many sober friends yet. In theory a boyfriend would be nice, but I know "we" don't need the added pressure of a relationship right now. So, in the meantime we need to keep our mind and bodies busy...movies, gym, running, etc. I have confidence there are awesome days to come!

This is the same for me. I've been pretty lonely in my near 5 months of recovery now. But other than going out with friends on the weekends, i was very lonely when I was drinking. So I've been lonely for at least 2 years or so. I think in my case trying to pursue a relationship would be be beneficial