Old 05-19-2011, 06:32 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

yep

all in the dysfunctional family,

dont see anything wrong here maw

Lip, it's been said,

pain in the touchstone to spiritual growth

have you had enough pain yet?

it appears you have, or are still in it.

time to let it all go

you've made a huge start lip!
Old 05-19-2011, 06:52 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
orangutan

Hey Lipitor I am glad you decided to stay I tried to send a pm but couldnt .
Take care .
Old 05-19-2011, 07:17 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Glad you are gonna hang out a while her on SR. This is a "we" thing, recovery... And it is freakin' hard at first... I fought, complained, triggered, craved, resented, and generally just thought my life was was over. As rusty said, pain is the touchstone of growth, especially spiritual growth.

AA will still have you, you know... So if you are embarrassed or something, that's just your pride, and that doesn't get you real far in recovery... I know this to be true ... In fact it was my biggest, well, still is, stumbling block... Progress not perfection.

And if you are not into AA, that's cool too... But if you want to talk freely, even candidly, about your fears, or whatever, about AA, stop by the 12 step support section... They don't bite, but they won't bullsh1t you either...

Hope you are well... And that you continue on your journey, whatever that may be...
Old 05-19-2011, 08:57 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Resting Easy

Glad to see you can ride it out, Lipitor. Being honest with ourselves is always the first step. If we can face the truth about ourselves, then we are less likely to feel anxious about what others might think (or not think) about us. Some days are harder than others and we never know what's going to set the ball in motion that might mow us down. "When the wine goes in, strange things come out." ~Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller, The Piccolomini, 1799
Old 05-19-2011, 11:44 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hey Lipitor: I hope you're doing better today. Thanks for the kind comment about my post. I wanted to elaborate in a PM, but I think your box is full Talk about friends and support!

BTW, I have empties scattered all over the apartment--I didn't want my boyfriend to find them. Sometimes I'll be looking for a book or a tool (yeah, I'm the handy one so he never looked there), and there it will be, an empty bottle of wine, popping up in the least expected place. I live in NYC without a car, and so have to take out the recycling, and the constant clanking of bottles down my long hallway was so embarrassing that I started hiding them all over the place. How insane is that? A grown ass woman tucking empties in her sweater drawer? You think that's any different than your hiding places (which may be a bit more macho than mine
Old 05-20-2011, 12:30 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I'm glad you've decided to stay Lipitor. It's all about replacing our bad habits (drinking, feeling guilty, anger etc.) and replacing them with good habits (excercice/sport, reading, vitamins, stopping to appreciate life and loving yourself). Only you can put the wheels in motion but we're all here to support you and give good advice.

You're a good guy, whatever mistakes you've made in the past don't matter now. Learn from them and become a better person. Focus on improvement and how strong you are for not drinking today. You have many good qualities.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:06 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hi friends....today was lovely ...I felt very good about being honest with all of you .
I am craving for a drink tonight ...go figure...

But . Im not going to ..

thats it

I dont drink now and that is it

IM going to bed after watching "love actually" a great movie .

Life is good

All is well

May I just share this with all of you ??

I got a beautiful home today ...I said yes at four PM ..

it is a gorgeous home on half an acre with trees and a wrap around verandah

I got it for a song...

Very low price....I was amazed when I offered the price to the real estate agent, they rang the vendor straight away and the vendor said YES>

Life gets better every day since being sober .and failing and trying and being a liar,

but

my reward , how inadvertant , today , was a lovely home

Thanks everyone

I really like being on SR

and will continue to do so .

I hope you like my unusual signatures...

they make ME laugh .

I hope you get a snippet of pleasure from them

thanks , friends

Lip
Old 05-20-2011, 05:09 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by citylights View Post
Hey Lipitor: I hope you're doing better today. Thanks for the kind comment about my post. I wanted to elaborate in a PM, but I think your box is full Talk about friends and support!

BTW, I have empties scattered all over the apartment--I didn't want my boyfriend to find them. Sometimes I'll be looking for a book or a tool (yeah, I'm the handy one so he never looked there), and there it will be, an empty bottle of wine, popping up in the least expected place. I live in NYC without a car, and so have to take out the recycling, and the constant clanking of bottles down my long hallway was so embarrassing that I started hiding them all over the place. How insane is that? A grown ass woman tucking empties in her sweater drawer? You think that's any different than your hiding places (which may be a bit more macho than mine

My inbox was full but I have deleted all of them now...

Please PM me

I look forward to hearing from you

kind regards

L
Old 05-20-2011, 05:46 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Sobriety date April 19th 2011

Originally Posted by BHF View Post
O.K.? You drink alot, you lie about drinking alot, you know you lie about drinking alot and it depresses you, you sometimes make an a** out of yourself when you drink alot...Trust me, do NOT feel that you are alone in all of the above.

BINGO.....

Dude , your story is not much different than alot of us.

From Januray to April , I was attending AA 2-3 times a week and telling everyone around me I was not drinking and was staying strong. They knew of a " couple of slips" when I would get too hammered and sad and emotional and I would call them up and confess but they had no idea that I was still binging 3-4 days a week and only able to stay sober 3-4 days of sleepless nights.

Coming here to tell the truth and fess up took alot of courage. I completely respect that and it's a huge step to taking step one in admitting defeat and powerlessness. It's also a huge sign of character of who you REALLY are when sober and not drinking.

I hope you reconsider and stick around and realize IT"S OK to struggle. It's ok to discuss the crazy mixed up , neurotic thoughts..... We all have them on some level. Especially in the beginning.

I hope to continue to see you around bud.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:48 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Sobriety date April 19th 2011

I see you stuck around ( I should have listened to grad school teachers when they said read to the end before responding... lol )
Old 05-22-2011, 12:14 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Stick with us Lipitor

Heh

Had my first AA meeting last night...what a beautiful experience....
Hang on in there L ...stay with us on the journey

V