Notices

Feeling awsome

Old 05-19-2011, 01:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling awsome

I'm at day 18 and feeling great. I'm not sure exactly what is causing me to feel as good as I do, but would love to figure it out. At most i've had 5 1/2 months sober in the past year, but only felt this way for a while around the third month.

I basicaly feel like I have absolutely no stress. Even though there are plenty of things to stress about, I feel like it's all just being brushed off of my shoulders. And no urges at all.

Some of the things that I'm doing differently....Made some solid connections with guys in aa. Not just seeing them and talking to them at the meetings, but calling and hanging out with them out side of that. Doing some serrious stepwork. Exchanging phone numbers with newcomers and calling them up. Meditate for 2-5 min, 3-5 times a day.

The only thing that I don't like about feeling so good is that I tend to treat my sobriety like my car. When it's running great I don't check the oil level or the tire presure even though I should. I've been trying to stay pro-active in my recovery, but the better I feel the more I have to push myself to do all that preventitive maintenance.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad you're feeling good Dune - congratulations on day 18

D
Old 05-19-2011, 03:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great post! You sound so positive and happy. I love it. Im glad you are staying a step ahead of the monster. Alcoholism is relentless. Good job on making AA friends. Im very happy for you!
Old 05-19-2011, 04:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats Dune,

probably some of the "psychic change" happening !?!

.....good call on your awareness; I like the car mtnce. analogy.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Maybe this is what hope feels like. Great job!
Old 05-19-2011, 05:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Arc
Day 34

Congratulations Dune on 18 days. I can totally relate

I am on my 23rd day of my third attempt, and never had such a clearer mind in my life, even when I had been clean for longer in previous attempts. Its also ironic because I am going through more stress this time around then the others, yet everything just feels "right" this time around, as far as sobriety goes.

I tried figuring it out, and explaining it to myself and the only solution i came up with is that maybe it finally all just "clicked" this time around, so to speak.

The extra stress does suck to have, but when it occurs, I like too give myself a little bit of a "pat on the back" that I WANT to deal with my problem head on nowadays, rather then first thought of drowning them out in an 18 pack. I've embraced that sobriety comes with great responsibility, and that staying clean and avoiding the alcohol is just the first part, and keeping your head up, and actually living life as person that faces their addiction, no matter what the situation, is a truly embracing feeling once accomplished fullly.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Im on day 18 too - congrats to us both!

Wish I was feeling as good as you today im having to take it a minute at a time as its my birthday and my addiction is telling me every opportunity it gets that its ok for me to "treat" myself to a drink today. I dont want to be back to day 1 tomorrow though.

Having taken my daughter into school for an afternoon exam im now on my own till this evening so ive just booked myself a foot massage which will be a lovely treat and keep me off it for the next hour at least.

Great positive post - im hoping I can do one similar tomorrow
Old 05-19-2011, 05:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats, that really great, I like your analogy, check your oil every time you fill the tank.