Notices

Thank you for all the Support

Old 05-17-2011, 02:59 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
you sound great B - I'm really glad to hear you're doing so well

D
It took me long enough! Talk about a slow learner!

You've been a huge help Dee- thanks for all you do!
Old 05-17-2011, 03:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I have been in recovery since January. Everyday is a new day. I KNEW to my core I needed to get sober. I thought "just dont drink, Im done, Easy" That lasted maybe 3 days. I wanted my regular life minus the alcohol. Alcohol was such a major part of my life and I didnt realize it. I had to change A LOT of people, places, things. I fought like hell to not get outside support. Members on SR pushed me and pushed me to JUST GO TO A MEETING! LOL I didnt want to go to AA or see a therapist. That was really stupid. First off...I ask for help for simple things. If Im overwhelmed at work I give an assignment to another girl, if my car breaks down I call tripleA, if Im sick i go to the Dr, if Im having a cookout I call a friend and ask them to bring ice.....So why did I think that something as HUGE as alcoholism I could handle myself??

Now, I attend AA meetings, see a therapist and have quite a few sober friends I can call and truly depend on. I have skipped a few events to attend meetings. i declined an invitation to a wedding where there was an open-bar at the reception. The people survived. No one died because I wasnt there. I take a longer route to work so I can pray. I dont go to lunch with coworkers. I never attend happy hour (it never ended happy for me) I use the 5 minute rule when talking to certain people. I read SR all the time! I keep it on my phone and its my life line.

Im slowly but surely obtaining a new sober life. I love it! I will fight like he!! to keep sober. Remembering what happened the night before is never to be taken for granted.
Thank you very much!

Wow OklaBH well put and lived!! Congrats on your recovery.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Congrats, Olka. I do love your posts - you are such a positive soul and have personally given me a lot of wise words and support. Thank you so much.

I am so glad you are learning to relive your life - and along with that, sharing with all of us on SR. I'm very grateful for you being here!!
Old 05-18-2011, 01:14 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
The Winner Takes It All!!!!!

Originally Posted by Mida View Post
and, yes, the change from regular life to that is huge. Inpatient care changes you forever.
Not in the UK, it was just a week and it was like a hotel, large leather settee's, a pool table, nice grub, and staff, large TV in the communal area. I went in on a Monday, had injections for vitamins, and tablets to stop the withdrawals which reduced day by day until none on the last 2 days, a week later I was at home, and the rest is history, I went out on first night to play pool, and drank tea and have done since.