Notices

MY Recovery Plan -- help required please

Old 05-19-2011, 02:04 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I myself work much better under pressure, so I have to either have some type of structure with deadlines, or put the monkey on my back some other way. i don't know if thats why you primarially want to do the podcast, but it does seem like a good motivator.

I really like the part of your plan to exercise, read, and keep the house clean. Reminds me a lot of myself, when I've decided to quit and have this attitude of "ok enough is enough, now I'm gonna get my act together!".

I had a lot of my own "plans" on how to quit, and tried a lot of exspirimentation. Which also included, working out, diet, and not procrastinating on anything anymore. Basically trying to improve my life every way I could. In the end, reaching out for help and doing what others advised worked out best for me.

One thing you definitely should do is have a back-up plan, whatever it may be. I'm sure you would agree that to start on any goal without that would not be wise. Especially if you consider the serrious consequeses of not reaching your goal.

I don't know much about pod cast. How can I check out yours?
Old 05-19-2011, 02:15 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
ca**swholesale

What worked for me was doing the first 3 steps over and over. The only step you have to get perfectly right is step 1. This and 200 meetings in 90 days today. Journaling helped me stand back and breathe, then act. Hope this helps, good luck in your recovery. This is an excellent site for additional help. Nothing will replace a higher power. Hope you can surrender to win.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:18 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
ca**swholesale

I really like the part of your plan to exercise, read, and keep the house clean. Reminds me a lot of myself, when I've decided to quit and have this attitude of "ok enough is enough, now I'm gonna get my act together!".

YOU'RE ALREADY WORKING YOUR PROGRAM WHETHER YOU KNOW IT OR NOT. GETTING OUT OF YOUR HEAD, AND DOING SOME SERVICE WHATEVER IT MAY BE IS A GOOD THING. GOOD LUCK
Old 05-19-2011, 02:36 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I will not drink

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
well i suppose somebody has to be the smartass, but shouldn't maybe I WILL NOT DRINK be at the top of the plan???
Because of the nature of this forum I guess I thought that was a given....

But if it's not I'll add it now.

I WILL NOT DRINK !