Notices

Starting over sucks!

Old 05-15-2011, 02:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Starting over sucks!

Hi, I'm brand new to this sight, Just relapsed for about a week straight, had 7 months sober at one time and since then I'm lucky to get a few weeks. I've got 3 days right now and my withdrawals are bad, at least the first day is over. Can't sleep and found this sight. Glad I did. I never want to feel like this again, said that before and seam to forget how bad this is over and over. Want to stop for good.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR

You'll find a lot of support and ideas here

Have you considered seeing a doctor? I recommend it. Detox can be troublesome for some of us.
D
Old 05-15-2011, 03:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
MIND OF DESTRUCTIVE TASTE

Sloppyones - Hi and welcome to SR You've found an incredible community full with support, understanding and encouragement. Having said that, I know exactly what you are talking about ALL too well. You didn't say what you are w/d'ing from but my problem over the last several years has been opiate pain pills...that revolving door. Abusing them, running out and having to deal with the horrific w/d's all over again. You are not alone, my friend. We'll be here for you every step of the way.

-Jess
Old 05-15-2011, 03:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Arc
Day 34

Hello SloppyOnes,

Just like Dee and ILiveForYou said, you've found a great place full of support and people understanding of your problems. I have relapsed twice and am now on my third go around with sobriety.

I can relate all to well to the whole "starting over sucks", but just realize today is day 3 and tomorrow is day 4, you obviously have it in you to want and know you need to get sober, 2 things some people never admit.

You can do it, stay strong, post here whenever you feel you need and you will get a plethora of support. Hang in there and fight off one demon at a time, you can do it SloppyOnes. Welcome to SR, you have truly found a great community. Don't hold back, we're all here unified too help eachother.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I agree with dee.... have you considered seeing a doctor???

It might be a bit of GOOD help for you

hang in and keep posting

we are here for you

post anytime..and all the people who care will be back in touch quite soon.

take care and look after yourself

DEE is a good person ...chat to him

also

Emerald Rose
and

Reggiewayne

also

Anna is lovely

so is

Newings

keep in touch and hang in there

kind regards

Lip
Old 05-15-2011, 04:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Idiot!

Welcome! Glad you found us.

Stu.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome to SR. I totally get that starting over sucks. I just did that myself recently. But I can tell you every sober day is better than a day of drinking and using.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hope you are ok...Im going to bed ...nearly eleven here in Sydney ..

take care and keep us posted

kind regards

L
Old 05-15-2011, 05:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi SloppyOnes

Welcome to Sober Recovery, I'm glad you found us.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR, and I'm glad you found us!

I still remember how horrible it felt to know that I'd messed up again. But, you had 7 months sober, so you can do this! Talking to your dr is a great idea and what changes can you make in your life, so that relapse is avoided?
Old 05-15-2011, 06:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I feel like I need to get back into AA, its been months, there are a lot of people and places I know I should stayaway from. Its hard for me to go back to AA after so many relaps, I know, I know...but just makes me feel wierd, anxious. As for the dr. I might have ran out quarters with that being in the military, and after so many years in I dread geting booted. I know if I don't kick this thing that will happen anyway.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:42 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Sloppy and welcome. I'd get back to AA soon! Get back on your program. I know a few people from AA that go, get busy, get distracted from their program. start drinking, head back to AA, get busy...its an addictive cycle as bad as the drinking alone.
Great support here to keep you focused.

And thank you for serving. I have 2 boys in the military.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:44 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm going to try to sleep and work up to going to a meeting to day. Again thanks for the words of wisdom.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:06 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome. To stop the madness you need a plan. It sounds like you have tried AA in the past so I would suggest going back there. Did you have a sponsor and did you do the steps? Just going to meetings and counting that as "trying AA" dosen't work.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:54 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sloppyones, I am glad you are here!
I've been on and off this forum for about a year, and I've had lots of starting over. I'm on one right now. The worst is withdrawal. Dee is right that talking to a doctor may be a good idea. Withdrawal can be dangerous!

Don't beat yourself up. It happens to a lot of us. And don't fear going back to AA meetings. The great thing about AA is that "they never kill their wounded," as a friend of mine in the town I left last August said. I posted how I felt ashamed on FB yesterday, and people who I never knew all that well in AA from the previous two towns where I lived sent messages, wisdom, lots of love and support. That's what is great about AA. You are definitely not the first person to have another starting over and someday you'll be comforting someone else feeling the way you do now.

Hugs to you!
Old 05-15-2011, 08:45 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi Sloppyones! I hear you completely, this ain't my first rodeo, lol. All you can do is pick up and try again. Good luck.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:46 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome! Congrats on 3 days!!! Yeah, it's hard to start over - but so much better than not starting over! Glad you found this forum - it's a great support system!