Notices

Sober Saturday: Day Three

Old 05-14-2011, 08:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sober Saturday: Day Three

Hey all. I made it through Friday night. Yay.

We went for Italian. Pasta / booze / pasta / booze

I prefer pasta.

Then we came home to hang out. We started a movie and I visited SR. (I multitask at all times--is that an alkie tendency?).

But about 10 we were both so tired we crawled into the flannel sheets, looked out our bedroom slider that overlooks our little town and slid off into sleep. I woke up to a world dead silent at four and was thankful not to be agitated and sweaty at 3:30 as I would have had I not avoid going out last night.

Friday is big karaoke night up here and we can actually see the lights of the bars a couple miles below us. So it's easy to feel like we're missing something when we abstain but last night was interesting.

Imagine. We are busy, middle aged people. If we are tired sober at 10:00, how do we get enough energy to drink, dance, and karaoke till two three or four nights a week? It's like an energy deficit draw. So today I feel genuine. I love my life, and I'm so, so happy to be here.

Will miss you guys today as I'll be in and out, but the challenge is to play cards with our adult kids tonight without A: drinking or B: Admitting I'm trying to quit.

The reason I don't want to admit it is because I want to be my only police officer, and I don't want to publicly fail.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SR Fan

(I multitask at all times--is that an alkie tendency?)
Had to smile at that one! Multitask should be my middle name...... I finally got tested and diagnosed with ADHD, though, so my brand of multitasking was not necessarily a good one, haha!

So glad you woke up this morning and felt good..... I hope I never take that feeling for granted. When I was drinking, the first thought/feeling in the morning was always one of dread. There's no way we can love ourselves or life when alcohol is running the show. At least with sobriety, we can learn.....

Stay in the moment today and know that we're all behind you!:day6
Old 05-14-2011, 12:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

congratulatons I realized once you stop and stay stopped life will get slowly better
Old 05-14-2011, 03:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Woo Hoo, good job on day 3!
Old 05-14-2011, 03:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you have a good day Missy

D
Old 05-14-2011, 08:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

We are busy, middle aged people. If we are tired sober at 10:00, how do we get enough energy to drink, dance, and karaoke till two three or four nights a week?

If you are in early sobriety your body is still trying to recover. If you have been drinking hard for a number of years it's going to take awhile. You're never gonna feel like you are 17 again, but you can get your energy back. Exercise can also really help.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

What? I won't feel seventeen again? That's sad.