Notices

Last day of drinking.....

Old 05-13-2011, 07:12 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Arc
Day 34

Great job, Jay!

One step at a time, baby steps are great strides in my eyes when its to walking the path of recovery, hang in there, you know you will have the constant support you need right here, each and every step of the way.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:25 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Great job Jay- wishing you well on day 2.

Someone in this thread posted sobriety is a verb.... love it! It is so true!
Old 05-13-2011, 08:58 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Good one, Jay!! I understand about the 'itch'..and the boredom, too. It's got a restlessness to it, too, like something is slightly amiss. It's hard to shift, but I've found doing something physical but involving (I've recently turned all my cupboards and closets out, sorting through everything, putting stuff aside for Goodwill, chucking junk in the trash). Once you've got everything out, you've not much choice to keep going otherwise you end up having to exist with a ton of mess, hahaa!

I know you said you are single, that's a bonus in my eyes. You can be the person you want to be, without anyone having expectations or dragging down your sobriety. Each person you meet gets to know you - sober. Great, hey? That's the real YOU! I have been following your posts, and I really, really wish you success.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:39 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

So, just an update. Middle of day 2 and no real issues. Seem to be doing fine. Not really interested in or thinking about drinking. Again, a lot of this for me goes back to the boredom thing. The way my life is constructed right now (or lack there of) I really need to put a lot of effort into finding things to fill my time.

But I realize that is essential. So my immediate "plan" is to take these first few days and just take it easy. Go for walks, go to the pool, maybe the beach. Just try to put my mind at ease. Maybe around day 4 I'll start working on a larger plan moving forward. Bigger things to aim for, on a daily basis, and also in a larger scale.

So update is: Middle of Day 2, sober, feeling fine, taking it little by little. I'll be back tonight.

Thanks again all who have posted and questioned and made reconmendations!

Jay