Notices

I'm sure this question must have been posted before

Old 05-11-2011, 11:16 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I've put on a bit, maybe a couple of pounds - but then I'm eating dinner again after many years of skipping it to drink wine instead. Bonkers! I'm definitely more active though, no more lounging about in the day watching TV and nursing a hangover. I'm sure the pounds will start to fall off a bit soon....gulp
Old 05-11-2011, 11:23 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
MIND OF DESTRUCTIVE TASTE

Absolutely!

When I stopped drinking July of 09, I lost quite a bit of weight - 10 lbs. That is a lot to me because I am already pretty skinny. My skin improved, I lost the redness in my cheeks faded. I was no longer noticeable bloated in my stomach, which was a great thing I was tired of being asked if I was early into a pregnancy - ugh. Huge insult to a woman who isn't...

Anyways, there are so many reasons that come along with getting sober, these being a huge perk

I stopped eating like total $hit as I would get wasted and pig out on the nastiest, greasiest foods. I began eating healthier again which is how I used to eat prior to heavy drinking. Not to mention I got back a lot of energy that allowed me to get out there and exercise! Amazing the devestation alcohol has on one's body/mind!

I hope you find it to be the case as well! Good luck...

-Jess
Old 05-11-2011, 01:40 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I lost a ton of weight, started having body image problems. Recovery helped me deal with those. You are not your body, but your soul.
SH
Old 05-11-2011, 02:09 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I gained about 20 lbs my first 2 weeks in rehab - but that's a good thing. 6'2" 155lb when I got in. 175lb when I got out. 185lbs now - a very healthy weight for me and it's sustaining.

I only ate a few times a week when I was drinking. Budweiser and Vodka gave me all my calories.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:17 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

i actually went to the dr for a weight loss of 26 lbs over 2 months. I slowed down the drinking one month then last month stopped thru the week and had some on friday nites
he is concerned and sent me for tests, all kinds of blood work, ultrasound etc

i am waiting for the results.
i dont wanna stress about this but it is hard