SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Feelin' the Love (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/226749-feelin-love.html)

Missy7 05-10-2011 06:08 PM

Feelin' the Love

I think we need to keep reminding our collective selves how important SR is. I'm 3/4 of a day sober after a stupid and high octane attempt to avoid my life. My heart is starting to feel lighter and dinner is in the oven. I'm going to knit and watch TV and keep checking here to watch the positive reinforcement. What a place. I'm in awe every time.

I'm easily frightened and even though some of all y'all have played hardball with me on occasion, no one has hurt me. That is a first for an online community. Even my dish collecting group turned mean!

So thank God for SR. Thank for your accepting me every time. I just hope to share some of what I have learned and will learn.

reggiewayne 05-10-2011 06:17 PM

No problem. Keep coming back. I got kicked out of my dish collecting group to (kidding)...

SR does give a ton of support, but more importantly it lets you / us see what sobriety looks and sounds like. You can do this to! You don't have to keep going back.

For years I always thought there was the people that "GOT IT" and then there was me. I was always asking for guidance and support and never feeling qualified to give it. A lot of times when I am struggling or thinking about drinking I read posts on here and comment on my own experience and it helps me far more than posting a thread.

You can do a lot here to help. Just keep that in mind, that you are already a member - we get better by helping others....

Best of luck!!!!

Luckyv2 05-10-2011 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Missy7 (Post 2963752)
I think we need to keep reminding our collective selves how important SR is.

Agreed!

SR has always been here for many of us and I am sure with how it was built, it will continue to be here for a long time to come.

Sober
Drunk
Using
Clean

They have love for all and that is what keeps many coming back! :ring

Anna 05-10-2011 06:21 PM

LOL, we don't turn mean here.

Seriously, most of us have been through a lot, and we know how hard it is to get it right.

Never give up!

OklaBH 05-10-2011 06:27 PM

Love ya girl! I know this disease is horrible! Hang in there!

justjo 05-10-2011 06:43 PM

I'll share a secret with you Missy... Years ago, (Im still a young chicky babe at heart haha) I loved knitting, but I could only knit straight lines.
Dont know how many blankets I did but the dog got them all.
:rotfxko
Yeah this place certainly gave me back my sense of humor JJ :wavey:

EmeraldRose 05-10-2011 06:44 PM

As they say in AA...Keep coming back.

I spent alot of time here in the first few weeks...then it grew on me and the support given and received was awesome. You need that...if you can receive advice or support then turn around and help someone else that's struggling...it helps you, too. It's a win win situation.

Bikeguy 05-10-2011 06:47 PM

I'm glad your feeling better, enjoy your alcohol free evening. I totally agree with you about Sober Recovery, what an amazing place, filled with smart, helpful and caring people.

ExBudGal 05-10-2011 07:03 PM

These guys and gals here are Great!! I do more reading than posting but it provides me with tons of inspiration. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

MsCooterBrown 05-10-2011 07:55 PM

My blanket story is I was making a zig zag crochet blanket..but I made one huge peak. Apparently I only zigged and never zagged...it is still in the closet..we all get a kick out of pulling it out every so many years...can't bear to part with my crafty attempt! And yeah..you can't beat SR for support and love..

Ranger 05-10-2011 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Missy7 (Post 2963752)
Even my dish collecting group turned mean!

It's all fun and games until someone disses my circa-1979 commemorative Ronald McDonald BPA-infused, lead-based painted dinner plate.

Dee74 05-10-2011 08:09 PM

This is the best place on the net for me - bar none.

very few of these guys here :)

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/c...ue_meanies.jpg

D

Mark75 05-10-2011 08:14 PM

Only a couple of those guys, dee ;)... lololol...

Yea, SR is an important part of my recovery program...

Missy7 05-10-2011 08:22 PM

Man--Blue Meanies. I used to tell my Mom she was a Blue Meanie.

Kinda girly post huh? Dishes, knitting, dinner in the oven...

Maybe tomorrow I'll be strong enough to don my "Ride Hard Get Dirty" sweatshirt and climb aboard Steve my barrel horse. He's so lonely!

ExBudGal 05-15-2011 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Missy7 (Post 2963900)
Man--Blue Meanies. I used to tell my Mom she was a Blue Meanie.

Kinda girly post huh? Dishes, knitting, dinner in the oven...

Maybe tomorrow I'll be strong enough to don my "Ride Hard Get Dirty" sweatshirt and climb aboard Steve my barrel horse. He's so lonely!

You should. I look at mine every day and havent mustered up the courage.......can't remember my last sober ride.

Missy7 05-15-2011 08:57 PM

Ride! I rode yesterday. Before I had some beer granted, but it was pretty cool.

He is mad at me, BTW. And was kinda cranky.

BUT, ride sober. That's for sure. At one point he crow-hopped and I panicked a bit.

Fandy 05-16-2011 05:21 AM

now tell me about the dish collection???? intriguing!!!:herewego

I collect a few bobbleheads and this is my first time admitting it to anyone.