SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Hello Everybody (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/226610-hello-everybody.html)

IamAlcoholic 05-09-2011 02:23 AM

Hello Everybody

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum.

Rather than go into depressing details of my drinking addiction I think I'd prefer to start on a positive note and say I really like the site and am very grateful to those who have and do contribute to it.

It's a sobering thought (no pun intended) knowing that there are so many other people out there dealing with the same issues as myself.

I do hope that I can be a valuable contributor to the site and assist others who might be in a worse situation than I am.

Congrats to all the those who maintain their sobriety and to the newbies like me, lets be positive and take it one day at a time.

wellwisher 05-09-2011 03:05 AM

Well, hello there and welcome! You've jumped into the right place. I've only joined this site a few days ago myself, and have been looking all over. Much info on here, and the members have been extremely nice, and more importantly, informative, as well.

Proceed with your eyes wide and you mind open!

All the best.....

least 05-09-2011 04:42 AM

Welcome to the family.:) There are so many benefits to living sober, starting with feeling good in the morning.:) I'm glad you found us and joined the family.:hug:

BobGT 05-09-2011 05:19 AM

Welcome! Keep reading and tell us a little more about yourself if you want. How can we help you?

iliveforyou 05-09-2011 05:59 AM

Hello and welcome IAm :) It's so good to have you here with us!! We're here for you, whenever you need support. Feel free to tell us a lil more about yourself :)

-Jess

Taking5 05-09-2011 06:26 AM

Welcome. There are several other Aussies in here and I am sure they will be along shortly. In the meantime post away and we're here to help.

artsoul 05-09-2011 06:48 AM

:welcome Glad you're here and have decided to get sober. I felt pretty hopeless when I got here, but I took it one day (one hour) at a time. This forum has been my lifeline.

It really does make a difference when we connect with others who understand what we're going through. Reaching out for support was the beginning of my recovery. I spent years hiding in a wine bottle.

Hang in there - you can do it!:ghug3

Anna 05-09-2011 09:25 AM

Hi and Welcome!

I'm glad you found us.

Zebra1275 05-09-2011 09:36 AM

Welcome!

eaglette 05-09-2011 09:48 AM

Welcome! And thanks for the positive inspiration. :c031:

Humbled77 05-09-2011 09:52 AM

Glad you decided to jump on our wagon (no pun intended). This is truly a great resource. I hope it helps you as much as it has so many others.

EmeraldRose 05-09-2011 05:02 PM

Welcome...glad you're here! :c031:

IamAlcoholic 05-09-2011 08:51 PM

Hi All,

Thanks for all the welcome wishes. I plan to spend sometime searching the forums to see if people have already asked similar questions to myself already.

Thanks and look forward to talking to you all soon.

p.s. Can anybody tell me how I can set my profile so that I received emails when comments are added to the thread?