Notices

sooo ready to chuck it all away...

Old 05-08-2011, 11:57 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You have a lot more than you give yourself credit for. Your mind obviously still functions well enough to self reflect and articulately write about your situation. And most importantly you have your health still. Once that goes who really cares if you have a car.

I know it seems dark where you are now, part of that is probably from withdrawals, though it is heart wrenching to read the losses you have suffered. We can't change the past though. Luckily the lives of recovering alcoholics are much like our livers, with proper time and attention it is possible to completely regenerate new ones. Make your recovery the number one priority and all else will start to fall into place along the way.

You are blessed to have your children for motivation. Use them. You can't deny that your kids would rather have a mother that went through a tough time before pulling it together, than an unreliable alcoholic mother, or a mother they never even knew.....Sounds harsh but it is reality...You have the power to chose the path....I wish you the very best of luck. Keep us posted.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:14 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
SoberDreams

I was feeling the same as you for a while, ( like three months.). Went to some meetings and realized there is much to be grateful for. I am also slowly learning to deal with the 'what could have beens.'. Those will eat you alive and lead to many relapses. You have to let go of what once was, or the guilt and bitterness will eat you alive. Tomorrow can be the first day of the rest of your life, if you just don't drink. Things will get better with time if you work a program and stay strong.