Notices

2 weeks sober and having uncontrolable sweet cravings

Old 05-08-2011, 01:40 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Im on day 7 and have been allowing myself lots of chocolate and naughty goodies this week - anything to help me beat the cravings.

Went on the Wii fit today to find I have put on 6lbs!!!!!

I thought the lack of alcohol calories would counteract the treats - I havent gone overboard, just a double decker or a wispa at the end of the day.

I am aware some of it will be water retention so not going to panic just yet but I hope the increase doesnt continue.

I put on an awful lot of weight over the past 5 years due to my alcohol consumption, I still ate - usually very late after I had finished drinking - but didnt have a sweet tooth at all it was all savoury.

I would be interested to here others stories regarding weight gain/loss after giving up the demon drink.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:48 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Do you have Luna Bars in the UK? they are delicious, way less calories than candy and full of vitamins/minerals. I may go get one now. But I think the chocolate ice cream with peanut butter swirl and peanutbutter chocolate candies is much closer . . .
Old 05-08-2011, 01:56 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Ive not heard of Luna Bars so doubt it but will look out for them thanks
Old 05-08-2011, 01:57 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Relapsed - this thread made me get a bowl of chocolate ice cream.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:05 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Ha ha dgillz.

Im safe, in bed and brushed me teeth
Old 05-08-2011, 09:45 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

The insane craving for sweets hit me in the 3rd month and I'm still kind of coming down from it. I've eaten waaaay too many cookies over the past month and a half.

But I've also eaten a lot more fruit (pineapple and bananas especially), breakfast/protein bars, and sweet but otherwise healthy cereals. Plus like someone else said, dark chocolate isn't all that bad for you.

And, like a lot of others have said, it's still fewer calories and better for me than booze.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:52 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Dgillz, look up walnut whip, nestle on wiki.
Excellent picture!
Thanks wiki.
Pumpkin, Wispa yes! One of my favourites.
Doubledecker, growing on me.
Lion Bar, and Toffee Crisp also very tasty and chewy.
I have lost over 2 stone in 6 months. Not trying at all. Did do a lot of walking in the country. For my head really. During the winter and everything. Walking is very good and no nasty exercise connotations! Can't go to the gym here, as all the old AA fogies go there! lol. I have also kinda got into porridge for breakfast with one heaped spoon of sugar. Very satisfying. Do tend to be bad at diet thing. Must try and eat regular healthy meals. Have been saying that for years!
Tend to be like a crocodile. I come out and eat all round me, then crawl away for a couple of days!