Notices

Day 4

Old 05-07-2011, 02:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4

Morning all, am on day 4. Did not sleep very well at all last night. Was paraniod over the slightest noise and felt quite sick (although I wasnt sick). Feeling a bit bruised as well - arms and legs feel heavy. But....I did not drink yesterday and of course I have been here before. I am at my weakest when I feel like this - a drink always takes these symtpoms away...until it wears off then its worse. I am going to give today everything Ive got, keep myself busy, eat properly etc and make dam sure I am still here on day 5.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Almay, day 6 here and also a returning member so we have alot in common. Your name is familiar so sorry if I have already messaged you in another thread and forgotten about it.

Sleep is a big issue for me too but I know it will return eventually albeit with some serious mental dreams going on. I did sleep for 9 hours last night but am sure that was just due to exhaustion having only slept about 4 the night before.

Just wanted to connect with you.

There are loads more newly sober members and returners in the class of May - have a read and join us if you wish - I am finding the mutual support from that thread is making my early days into sobriety easier and more enjoyable.

The Alcoholism and Addictions Help Forums- by SoberRecovery.com (Class of May 2011)

(sorry if ive done the link wrong - im sure you will be able to find it)

PS xx
Old 05-07-2011, 03:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Pumpkin soup thanks thanks so much for your message. I had 69 days sober a few weeks before Xmas - thought I could have the one and have been drinking about a bottle and a hlaf of wine every day since. Crazy how we keep going back and I have now wasted another 4 months being either drunk or ill. I will most certainly join the thread - need all the support I can get but I guess we all do: thats why we are here.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

It gets easier after the first week!
Old 05-07-2011, 09:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It DOES get easier, as you probably know from your previous length of sobriety.

We're here with you. Just don't take that first drink.

Best to you.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats almay and pumpkin! Just keep it up one day, one hour, one minute at a time. And if you can't resist the urge call somebody. Make yourself some coffee. Bake a cake. anything but drink!
Old 05-07-2011, 12:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Way to go on day 4!!!! Those first days can be rough....... just remember that the pain you're feeling is healing pain instead of damaging pain...... so keep holding on!

You're doing good!
Old 05-07-2011, 01:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Awesome on day 4! The first week is always really hard for sure. I had on and off anxiety a lot myself in my first week. But that will pass. The second week is a lot better. You will feel a 100% more clear minded, and with lots of energy to boot! You will most likely feel better than you have in a very very long time! But you will most likely still feel a strong erge to drink. Dont give into it! Im on my second week, and I feel better than I have in YEARS!!! But I still think about drinking a lot.

What Im trying to do is form new habbits. Try picking up a new hobbie or sorts to keep your mind busy. And try make it something you extremely enjoy and can only do sober.

See you on day 5! keep up the good work, and know your not alone!!

-Ryan
Old 05-07-2011, 01:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yay on day 4!! You'll feel better soon...get rest, drink water, eat well.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Almay - Keep it going and so glad you are back. The important thing is that you are moving forward. The initial days will pass but I found without making changes and getting support and really working it....that I was like a broken record.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Red face My day 7 is tomorrow

I am a boomerang too. I came here a few years ago, focused on my recovery and I think I got up to 21 days, then slipped back into my old nightly pattern, over a period of time; tried again and only got a few days in without having my nightly cap. Most recently I went 2 weeks but that was January. I can't continue to do this. Either I drink or I don't. I don't want to any more. Today was hard.

ZG