Notices

where is all the support now that im a mess???

Old 05-06-2011, 05:13 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FNB3 View Post
You are not a fake my man...you are just doing what we do. You are very real. As for the support right now, that's a tough one because it's difficult for fellow addicts to want to help when they know that they are not talking to YOU...I would get some rest, forgive yourself and come chat again when you have cleared up.
Im back . Thank you . I poignant reminder was last night.

What a horrible place to be in .

Thanks again. I have forgiven myself.

L
Old 05-06-2011, 05:17 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FNB3 View Post
If you surround yourself with the same people, places and things, that you did as a drinker, life will probably be full of situations conducive to drinking.

Most importantly, don't be too ashamed to come back here soon. Push yourself through any shame and embarrassment if you feel that way and get right back in here. You will feel great again for it and others can learn from your experience.

Thank you . I woke this morning with remorse, guilt and that horrible piece of invisible 4 x 2 hardwood in my hand that I beat myself on the head with .

I wanted to cancel my account on SR earlier.

Thank you...

Im glad to be back

L
Old 05-06-2011, 05:23 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by newwings View Post
Lipitor, I am so sorry to read your post. I can feel the pain in your words, and it hurts me, too. You have been such an inspirational person to me in the 17 days I've been on this site, you are a tower of strength and wisdom.
I agree with the others..you must NOT change yourself to please others. That would be fake. FAKE is not what you are - your brutal honesty to yourself on this site shows that. You are a true gentleman. I do so hope you manage to get back up there and on here. As you can see, many people care about you on here. Thinking of you and sending strength.
Im not one for normally being over emotional . But. Your post above brought tears to my eyes. Actually more than just a few.

All I can say with humility is ,

THANK YOU . Your post really has made my day and for the first time after drinking , I am feeling ok about getting back on track.

Well done yourself to my friend. 17 days. Excellent .

How fragile I feel this morning. One bottle of wine. My goodness. I used to drink a bottle of vodka and nearly 2 bottles of wine in one night.

Thanks so much for your post. It lifted my spirits, and shows empathy and forgiveness and above all, Understanding.

thank you again

L
Old 05-06-2011, 08:03 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Good luck Lip. When I decided to take recovery seriously, it had to be my first priority, no matter what, during some difficult decisions of if/or. I just couldn't 'bargain' anymore though I think we all go through that phase. We get all manner of tests thrown at us in sobriety.

It may take time but things in life have a tendency to sort themselves out when you are sober. It may not be what you originally planned but as we grow and learn in recovery the poles can shift. Drinking only further messed things up for me in the long run.

Don't feel bad, we've all been there, glad to see you back, that's what counts - that you're willing to give it another go.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:30 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I am glad you are back..Some people cancel their account or fade to silence and we never know what happened to them! I hate it when that happens...and we have all grown very fond of you!! Don't leave us.
And..it is your girlfriends loss. It is hard to understand especially when you say she only has a drink or two..but yeah she showed her true colors by not being supportive. You deserve to be loved for the true you. And we do all learn from each other..lift each other back up when down. Stick around Mister!
Old 05-06-2011, 09:31 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm glad to see you are back and sober. I'm sorry for the pain you are going through.

Xoxo,

Tina
Old 05-07-2011, 01:10 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

OK, explain please...what is a push-bike???? like a regular bicycle???? or pushing a bike uphill?

sorry for my ignorance...buti've never heard this term...and why am i pondering it at 4:10AM i my time zone?
Old 05-07-2011, 01:30 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
OK, explain please...what is a push-bike???? like a regular bicycle???? or pushing a bike uphill?

sorry for my ignorance...buti've never heard this term...and why am i pondering it at 4:10AM i my time zone?
Yeah, a pushbike is a regular bike. I also cycle and find it really good for keeping myself busy when I'd otherwise be pondering alcohol.

At the start, I found it good just to clear the head and get rid of the alcohol thoughts.... now I've reached a level where I could go for a 4 hour cycle so rather that using cycling to avoid alcohol thoughts, it actually becomes part of my plans for Sunday afternoons.

I've also joined a cycling club which gives me an added excuse for friends that ask me to drink - sorry, I can't, I've a race tomorrow!!!!
Old 05-07-2011, 02:35 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

hey Lip, im sorry you went through that, i know the feelings it stirs up, i have relapsed many times, but right now i cant do anything about the past, there part of us now and all we can do is keep on keeping on.

Im glad you came here and posted instead of going for another bottle, that took a lot of strength.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:47 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

So happy to see you have bounced back on here
Old 05-07-2011, 04:17 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

What an awful excuse to leave someone. But now you have the chance to go out and meet better people. A blessing in disguise, perhaps?
Old 05-07-2011, 06:28 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lipitor View Post
Thank you . I woke this morning with remorse, guilt and that horrible piece of invisible 4 x 2 hardwood in my hand that I beat myself on the head with .

I wanted to cancel my account on SR earlier.

Thank you...

Im glad to be back

L
Many of us have been where you've been. I've never cancelled my account on SR but I have had long absences, including absences when I wasn't drinking and I was feeling fine. I think you can consider SR as a good friend, who understands you well, who can understand and accept when you need a shoulder and who can understand and accept when you need breathing room.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:23 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MsCooterBrown View Post
I am glad you are back..Some people cancel their account or fade to silence and we never know what happened to them! I hate it when that happens...and we have all grown very fond of you!! Don't leave us.

Thank you so much.

You know , that is exactly what I was going to do .

Cancel my account and , just never come back.

Im looking forward to a much better life, and not interested in running away any more.

Thanks again .

L
Old 05-07-2011, 03:03 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Glad to see you back today Lipitor.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:06 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark75 View Post
Glad to see you back today Lipitor.
Thank you .

The slip up taught me alot . I realised how easy it is to get out of control.

Goodness me , I lived like that "all the time"

Thanks again for the kind wishes mate.

L
Old 05-07-2011, 03:17 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
orangutan

Glad you decided to stay.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:22 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

So glad you're back and sober!
Old 05-07-2011, 03:33 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Very Happy your back Lipitor,
Old 05-07-2011, 03:44 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hello friends.

I am overwhelmed by your respones.

This is the "first" time in my life that I have not been ridiculed for stuffing up.

I see now that this forum is a good place to be for me.

I really appreciate every kind word posted, and the thoughtful private messages also.

Thank you kindly

L
Old 05-07-2011, 03:55 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

we are here for you and you are here for us...Life will be GOOD!