Notices

Drinking Dream debate

Old 05-05-2011, 09:22 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

If this is true Im screwed! lol. I haven't drank for a little under 2 weeks, but Im slammed every night in my dreams. Which reminds me tonight Im supposed to go drinking with a Unicorn and Bigfoot in tonights dream. lol

I agree with Ranger's post on this one.

I really cant speak on this to much outside of my own personal experience in the past few weeks. And Im dreaming of drinking a lot lately! But I dont see myself relapsing at all.

-Ryan
Old 05-05-2011, 09:28 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
SoberDreams

Ive had drinking dreams, never caused me to relapse. Other issues caused that. We can't control our dreams, so if that's relapse behavior I'm in trouble...
Old 05-06-2011, 04:40 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I would tend to disagree. I had a dream about drinking last night, for the first time. I often dream of boyfriends after a break-up, too. I think it's nothing more than one's mind dealing with change. You've changed, you know it... and your subconscious is trying to work it out, too. That's just my two cents.

Originally Posted by KellyEurope View Post
The answer the instructor gave was that, if you have a drinking dream, you are in "relapse mode", which, to answer your question, does, yes, mean that you are more likely to relapse.

It was a good session,

Kelly