Notices

messed up after almost 2 years

Old 05-05-2011, 04:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

messed up after almost 2 years

Hi Everyone, Just thought i pop in for a bit of support, I was a vodka for breakfast followed by lines of coke for lunch and then lots more Vodka and beer. I went into rehab July 2009 for 6 weeks and had not touched a drop until last Friday then spent the next four days with at least a bottle each day , confessed all to wife 2 days ago and went straight to Dr's and am now detoxing with meds at home.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi gaz,

Sorry you had a slip but wow on your previous sober stint. I am in very early days so cannot offer any experienced advice but you have my full support and I wish you the very best of luck. Im also from the UK so would be pleased to hear how you got through your long period of sobriety before the slip up - was it rehab and thats it or did you follow a programme?

Hope the detox isnt too awful and look forward to hearing of your progress.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks for support , Im not sure im able to give advice as i failed , but what i can tell you as you have to change your lifestyle totaly , its not just the drink and drugs you have to stay away from but the whole culture of it , its very hard but i found talking to people who had experience a great help.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry to here about your mess up, but glad your right back at it. Learn from your mistake so hopefully it makes you stronger down the road.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Bikeguy and thanks Pumpkin , feeling pretty sorry for myself right now , what i didnt realise was how quick the cravings would come back after all this time , im certainly proof that even after 2 years you cant just take that first drink , as soon as i had my first sip that was it , it all came back and was just as bad as it was after 20 odd years drinking and i was downing vodka like water , so if anyone thinks they have cracked it after 2 years.....forget it and dont do it , its no easier than getting sober the first time.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I can relate with you on the drug culture and its relationship to addiction. I don't trust myself enough yet to go to a party where I know people will be using. It's insane how I can feel "OK" using when I am so close to drugs. For now I'm just staying the hell away.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by billsaintjames View Post
I can relate with you on the drug culture and its relationship to addiction. I don't trust myself enough yet to go to a party where I know people will be using. It's insane how I can feel "OK" using when I am so close to drugs. For now I'm just staying the hell away.
The drug culture I found easier to quit , i used to be a heavy user both socially and non socially , I used to go to football (soccer) matches both here and abroad and the coke was all part of that culture , so deleted all the dealers from my fone and throw my season ticket away , I just totaly stopped seeing the so called friends and stepped out of the circle.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome gaz- I did the same thing and went back to drinking after years of sobriety. I managed to moderate for a few years (so proud of myself)...... in the end it was worse - both the drinking and the obsession. So yeah, I can totally relate.

So glad you're here and thanks for the post - a great warning to others who want to "test the waters."