SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   husband is in recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/226291-husband-recovery.html)

daisyhellride 05-04-2011 08:55 PM

husband is in recovery

hey ya'll. new here but looking for friends and confidants. my husband is 2 days into rehab and i am wonderin if he is doing it for the right reasons but that is another story....
just wanted to say hello

simplyfab 05-04-2011 09:40 PM

Hi Daisy,
Welcome to SR. There are a lot of people who can relate to you and your situation on the friends and family section of this site.
You should also introduce yourself there.

Keep posting, there's a lot of support on this forum.

Dee74 05-04-2011 09:51 PM

Welcome to SR daisy
You'll find a lot of support here :)

D

ACT10Npack 05-05-2011 12:41 AM

daisyhellride, can you go into detail about your husband problem and was his focus into rehab? I just ask because you said if he was going there for the right reason.

daisyhellride 05-05-2011 08:46 PM

ACT10Npack....he would have never decided to go into rehab had i not finally had my fill and kicked himout after 11 years. I dont think he realized he had a problem

EmeraldRose 05-05-2011 08:56 PM

Welcome Daisy.

I found in my own experience that until I was ready to quit it didn't work. I'm hoping he realizes his problem and can come to terms with it in rehab.
I went to out patient rehab and absolutely loved it. You get out what you put in. I am in a totally different state of mind now and so glad I made the decision to go ahead.
Wishing you and him the best.

Jeep08 05-05-2011 09:15 PM

Welcome Daisy. I have been hanging out for the last 6 weeks. lots of good support.

Lipitor 05-05-2011 10:10 PM

Daisy hello (My 21 year old daughters name too )

Im now divorced.

When I went to rehab. My wife did not come to visit , when she called there was always and argument . I got home after weeks and went straight down to buy alcohol.

I was there for her. NOT ME.

I went because she said ."If you dont go to rehab, Im leaving".

Unfortunately , Im not good with threats like that and ultimately also, did not want to stop drinking.
I lied to rehab people, lied to myself.

If your husband is in rehab for himself, that is wonderful.

If not , like my wife did, you will find out sooner or later.

thanks for putting your post up. \

I hope it works out well for both of you .

Kind Regards

L

LynziDee 05-06-2011 08:07 AM

(((Daisy))), Just remember to take care of YOU!

Hope all goes well!!

Humbled77 05-06-2011 10:46 AM

Alcoholics, including me, don't seem to do well with ultimatums. It always fueled me to drink more, in a more secretive way. I had to make my own mind up to stop and that is when sobriety could finally gain a foothold. Luckily I have a patient wife. I hope rehab works for your husband, but if he doesn't even believe he has a problem, he has a ways to go in my experience.

Anna 05-06-2011 11:00 AM

Daisy, it wasn't your husband's choice to seek help and go to rehab, but maybe while he is there something will click with him. I think it's just a question of wait and see.

I hope you continue to seek support for yourself.