Notices

The most bizarre thing happened a couple weeks ago

Old 05-04-2011, 09:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

The most bizarre thing happened a couple weeks ago

So i am gettin on the bus and hear my name. I look and its this girl that use to give us rides to meetings when i was in the halfway house last year. From NY!! I am in FL. Now how weird is that?
Of all the places and all the buses. I was blown away.
She is down here in sober living and gettin herself together. She looked awesome and she is such a sweet person. It was nice to see someone from home and from recovery. I needed that and I dont believe in coincidence.
Just wanted to share. believe things happen for a reason and that def did.

Also I am goin back home this Sunday. I cant take bein alone like this anymore. I feel things getting shakey. I cant stand hearing about everything my family are doin together and I am missing.
Maybe I do need to be around them more than I thought. My dad thnks I am makin a mistake which has me second guessing. But I just miss them so much. especially those kids.
Anyway...I hope I am doin the right thing.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
rode hard and put away wet

WOW! I am always so blown away to hear how others' HP works in their lives. I hope you keep contact with each other. Thanks so much for sharing this.

Much love.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad to hear you're still doing well Trish
Do you mean going home for a visit?

D
Old 05-04-2011, 06:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hoping you are ready for this step, T. Is there a way you can strike a healthy balance between independent living and your family? I love my family but we have a difficult history. I typically have to set firm personal boundaries with them. In my thirties, I found myself with no appropriate boundaries, there was virtually no structure at all when I was growing up, everyone had mixed up roles in the house. It was something I needed counseling help to deal with.

It's all too easy for those of us with addiction problems to sabotage our own efforts, I had a pattern for years of messing things up for myself when they were going well. I finally broke through that wall as enough was enough, I am so glad I did. Please stay safe and protected in NY T, try to hook into the recovery network again asap when you get there.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Good to see you!
Old 05-04-2011, 07:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I don't beleive in coincidences either...gave me a chill!